1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Question for you taxidermists

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by doeboyjay, Feb 9, 2008.

1. doeboyjay

doeboyjay New Member

What do you guys think of this approach... I'll call him monday and ask him if he has a roundabout date I can expect it to be done and the only reason I'm asking is because I wanna make sure I have the balance set aside for him as soon as it's done.

2. Natures Art

Natures Art Gone Fishin!!!

Yeah, I agree the customer should come first.
    Sometimes we all get in a bad mood, like me, right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with what ever you do, but you should talk to him about this, not a bunch of anonymous people on the internet.

Jim

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

That would work :)

4. I would suggest a few of you'll to take a business class or two, Maybe even a Communications Business Class.

5. Natures Art

Do you mean if I take some business classes and maybe even a communications business class, I will get more work and be able to keep customers happier???

I have more work than I want, more money than I need. I'd rather have fewer customers and more time to go fishing. I'm working on exactly that by turning them away this year.

6. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

your original post said the guy did good work. and that it would be done around this time next year. it was nice of your mom to offer to pay the balance for a Christmas gift, but she called the taxidermist thinking it would be done in time, when it wasn't even scheduled to be done yet. if there was a due date on the contract, and the taxidermist is still within that date, the only thing i could suggest if you call him is to let him know you weren't happy with the way he talked to your mom. yes the customer is always right, to an extent. thats good business, but if he is within the times originally agreed to, there isn't much to do. i do understand sometimes getting behind, but as business men and women, we have to try our best not to disappoint our customers, by not being on time. personally i have only once not been on time. the reason was that after the contract was signed, the customer called me and wanted me to hold off till he got his horns scored. to me that is an acceptable miss, and one the customer was well aware of. i documented it on my paper work too just in case anything come of it. good luck on what you choose to do.
    bob

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Wow, God's gift to the taxidermy industry. You're the first taxidermist I've heard of with more money than you need. If your looking for something to do with all that money you don't need you can send it my way. .

8. Natures Art, Sounds like you have a good Business Plan;"Need to Share " everyone wants to be rich.

9. doeboyjay

doeboyjay New Member

She called in late november when it was supposed to be done in late october. So no, she didn't call before it was supposed to be done.

10. Natures Art

Hhhhmmmmmm... sounds tempting. But you see that boat in my avatar? It eats up about 600 dollars a week in fuel most of the summer and my kids have dibs on whats left ;~)
    I'll keep you in mind though.

Jim

11. Natures Art sounds like you married the right woman lol. i'm jk mean nothing by it. thats an awsome boat

12. NAV

NAV Frontier Taxidermy

Maybe Natures Art needs to stop chatting on the internet so he can get those customers mounts done. He did say he was 2 years behind.

13. I was thinking the same thing NAV!!! ;D

14. Natures Art

Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!! I was thinking the same thing. ;D
    Actually I hardly ever post on here, as you can see by my post count.
    I just have that much work to do. Not for long though.
    Time to semi retire.

OK that's enough goofin off for me. I gota go prep some capes for Monday mornin.

15. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

well thats a different story then. and you still don't have it??? I'm sorry.

16. Bowman

Bowman New Member

one thing to keep in mind when someone acts like that is there is no telling what happened right before your mom called. It's no excuse....but could have bill collectors beating on him......wife left him for Natures Art and his boat.....etc, etc. Try it again and see what happens.