1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Eppley buttless liners?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by RWTAXIDERMY, Feb 9, 2008.

1. will the pink eppley butless liners work with the Matrix Butts?? Just curious if they will work together.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

No.

3. Nope sorry, were thinking of touching up that mold though. Your talking about the 200's right? If you are, we were going to redesign them so they fit into the 360 series.

4. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I love them liners, but I set them in clay...just clay.

5. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I made them work on my competition piece this year. I sanded the veins off where they go into the earbutts, so they'd fit. The reason being they fit the ears on the cape I was using nearly perfect without trimming. It was a sleek september deer, and I took a first place ,pro division, so yeah they will work with a little altering

6. Jerry C

Jerry C a good liberal is hard to find

I wish Rudy would design an ear to fit our Adirondack deer. For some reason the deer up here have ears that are always bigger than WTs from other areas. (usually around 7")
    I do a lot of MO deer and The Eppley liners fit fine.

7. Well i have been trying to talk my dad into trying to do different sizes and designs for deer but he figures fit the process we do the ears in it would not be worth it. See we injection mold them and so to do new ears we would need to cast them in beryllium copper and mill them out. Thats a fairly expensive process so we would need to clear around 1000 pair a year. Now I'm not up from new york but i wouldn't think they would be that much larger especially since the Alberta deer seem to fit. But if you think that we could sell that many than maybe my dad would be more interested in producing them. We are thinking of injection molding mule deer and caribou ear liners though if anybody is intrested give me some feed back.
    Thanks Rudy

8. lookn4awhitetail

lookn4awhitetail "I shoot a Mathews, cause I dont wanna Hoyt them"

I love thet pink ones too, It would be awesome if those would go on the 360 bases. The white liners will give you a really nice ear though, I like the inner ear on the pink ones. Saves some time. The snap in inner ear is hit or miss. I am usually 50% on those meaning one will go in place with ease the other usually breaks so I wind up sculpting them both.

9. strutinh

strutinh Member

Rudy, I would like to see larger ear liners ! 7 inch will fit most of the bigger deer I do, I might need to trim but it,s easeir and nicer then adding with scult all, any body else?

10. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

If the pink eppley earliners would work with the matrix butts it would make things easier. I like the detail in the buttless earliners better but the matrix butts are so much easier to use Not having to sculpt earbutts saves me more time.

11. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I would like to see smaller!! (in the pink buttless model)
    I always have to trim the crap outta them, and the edges end up too thick of course, and I have to sand them to a thin edge.
    I love the shape of them though.

12. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

Why not cast the Matrix liners in pink?

13. Shannon

Shannon New Member

They will go in with alittle work. Not that much re shaping. I took a matrix master's earliner, and used it for comparison when I rehaped the pink ones with the veining, and the inner earbutt detail. Alittle sanding, and dremeling, and I got the pink epply's to slide right into the matrix master's earbutts, Worked slick, and looked nice. Shannon

14. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

BIGGER!!! I love these liners but they are too small for No. Indiana deer. I trace the cartalidge on the natralooks and cut for a custom fit, but can't w/the Epplys. When I use Epplys I push adhesive intothe ear edges and have to card.