1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

4x6 Drum Construction plans??

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by manwithagauntlet, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Hello there, Shawn here.

Would anyone out there have construction plans for a 4x6 drum?

Now before you miss direct me towards Bruce Rittel's page I have written to him and his reply was" he'll past my request on to Dan Rineharts TASCO They now own the chemical end of our business and they can get it out for you."

I was bewildered by his answer and wrote back & received no reply and I waited a week and wrote again, with no reply again.

I wrote one final time asking for Dans email address so I may ask him, NO reply.

So I sure would like to get this drum built to get on with some tanning.

Any help would be gratefully accepted and I am willing to pay for the original or digital copy of the plans.

Thanks for your time.

Shawn

2. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

sit downr at the kitchen table and sketch you own out - thats what i did - no sweat

3. rcb

rcb home is where the heart is, it's good to be home

Hello Shawn, I just read your post. I just wonder as to what manner of cost that might have been given for the rights to sell Saftee acid by Tasco. In 1995 - early 96 I contacted Mr. Rittell and gave him the supplier for Saftee acid. I had found it to be the best thing to come along in tanning acid since acid was introduced I tried them all. This acid was produced to tan leather for Spalding baseballs in Tullahoma Tn. I have the suppliers info and any one can purchase it from them one on one. I purchased it back then for $12.00 dollars a gallon. I got very sick and thought I was going to die from a staff infection and felt that someone should make this available to the industry hence Bruce Rittle's Saftee Acid. No one in the taxidermy industry has any claim to the development of Saftee acid it has been there a long, long time. The son of the founder leather company that made the leather for Spalding baseballs was a friend of mine. Not that, that is a big deal it is just that Saftee acid is no big deal, like everything else I am looking to find the next big sell out to a larger entity enterprise

4. This last week I also asked Bruce about this, He told me to contact Dan Rhinehart's taxidermy supply for the plans.

5. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

Hi Reb! It must be an age thing - but I don't recall our conversation. Forgive me, if it really happened. If it did – then I want to Thank you for the contact. I do however, recall being contacted by a Ralph Moore (Tullahoma, TN) originally about the Acid. That, and the samples he sent me to test made me want to market it and carry it in our Chemical line. It's a patented formula, and I also took the time (and money) to also Trademark the name "SAFTEE ACID" to prevent anyone from counterfieting an acid and calling it SAFTEE ACID, when it was really another type. This would also insure that anyone using the Acid could rely on it being the real thing. No one else can use that name for an acid unless it is OK’d by me or Dan Rinehart (after 12/01/07). Otherwise, it’s a trademark infringement.

I also am a Representative or Agent for the company that now makes and sells Saftee Acid – and holds the patent. If you would like to buy the real thing (Saftee Acid) direct however, you would have to now buy it from Dan Rinehart’s TASCO. Since he bought our Chemical line – he now handles its sales as well.

I don’t mind posting all this info – but - I have to ask – what does all of this have to do with Shawn’s request for the 4X6 Drum plans?

By the way, to answer the original question, I am trying to contact Shawn about the 4X6 Drum Plans. I just e-mailed him about it. Hopefully we can talk about it, or he’s already made contact with Dan Rinehart’s. Shawn – e-mail me at [email protected] and I’d be glad to help you out!

Dan Rinehart's Telephone Number is (866) 296-2782

6. rebel

rebel New Member

dont you hate that rcb (open mouth insert foot) lol

7. Forgot to mention- These are not from or inspired by Rittel's Plans. To eliminate any confusion if you try to compare the two.