1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A Matter of Taste!

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Christian, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Christian

Christian New Member

I recently viewed pictures on this site showing animals still alive in traps. I find this in poor taste and think these type of pictures should be removed. Dead animals are ok. Or at least have a seperate area for such pictures for those who don't like such pictures.

2. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Find a different site.

3. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

We all have choices,.........

And I chose to visit this site.

Kerby...

4. cyclone

cyclone Posts: 400001

How about dead animals in traps?

5. I think its important that people see live animals in traps, it shows the real animal, not some animal that some PETA asshole has poked and prodded to be scared.

Ran traps with my Grandpa as a kid and never saw terrified animals in them.

Wish I had paid more attention and knew how to trap NOW!

6. If you're talking about the bobcat, that went to my reference picture. Nothing like a live reference photo. ;)

7. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

do we need to make a tree huggin' hippie section for you too ?

I got some skinned carcass pics, would it make you feel all warm and fuzzy to see those too ?

8. Beehunter

Beehunter Active Member

This guy is unbelievable.

9. Christian

Christian New Member

After giving it a bit more thought you guys are rights. Perhaps I was being too sensitive. I am actuallly thinking about trapping in my area. we have a ton of raccoons and other animlas. Why pay for them when they are in my own backyard. Hope you can give me a second chance!! :)

10. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

Get use to it slick in this business the blood guts and gore come with the territory . rather your into trapping hunting or taxidermy.

11. Christian

Christian New Member

Could you recommend any books or periodicals that teach trapping of different game?

12. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

The Trapper & predator caller is a good preiodical. Full of ads for other books & videos.