1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

the deer of the week

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Goose, Feb 14, 2008.

1. I am a rookie at the forum and taxidermy if I can get this pics posted I would like some feed back on my work any pointers would be very helpful thank you.

2. I must of done something wrong because thats not a deer pics

3. Deerslayer08

Deerslayer08 Active Member

lol, it definitely isn't a deer pic. Posting pictures on here is really easy using photobucket. just make sure you copy the right code! lol

4. Thanks monkey man for the help. by the what did you think of the work of a beginner

5. Lets try it again

6. I think I might have it now check it out and let me know what you think because I like any input that might help me later down the road like I said before I am a rookie at this forum and at doing the taxidermy

7. Deerslayer08

Deerslayer08 Active Member

wow, that's quite a rack. Overall, the deer looks good.

8. BowADeer

BowADeer New Member

Looks like the eyelashes are pointing up, may just be the picture.

9. newbie07

newbie07 New Member

sweet rack

10. ed150

ed150 deer city time

not bad,diggn those horns

11. ed150, what you think of it for a beginer taxidermist

12. ed150

ed150 deer city time

not bad at all,is it a personal trophy or a paying client ?

13. ed150 the deer was done for a buddy of mine the deer was taken in the state of Illinois

14. ed150

ed150 deer city time

sweet,as a beginner the mount is nice,for sure looks better than my first mount,i don't want to pick apart your mount or fill you with false info.my advice is to keep at it and study reference,maybe get involved in your state taxidermy association and start going to shows,good luck with your journey in the taxidermy world ,ed

15. Thanks ed150 for the confindence in my work since I mounted that deer I have mounted a few more and I have been doing differant stuff around the eyes tring to make them look a whole lot better than they where on the prev. mounts

16. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor get some good reference and a couple of good mounting videos, not bad for your fourth deer, But need better pics, to realy help you

17. BUZ

BUZ Member

Man thats one wicked rack :eek:. Love to see those home turf bucks! ;D
    What part of Il. did he come from?

18. Scrubby

Scrubby New Member

The best thing you can do on the second day is stand back at look at the mount head on from different angles. It will help you make adjustments. Such as rolling the lashes to the right position. Good mount for a begginer

19. Keith in Illinois, That buck came out of Jackson county between Desoto and Hurst. You like to see Home town bucks I have some more pix. Here's 1

20. BUZ

BUZ Member

Sent you a p.m.