1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HELP!! whats it worth

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by newbie07, Feb 14, 2008.

1. newbie07

newbie07 New Member

im going to a auction in the next month and they have this advertised

Polar Bear rug 8x8, original skull on plaque
    killed in 1962 in Alaska

what is something like this worth?

also i a record book shoulder mount of a stone sheep killed in British Columbia???? #174

all help is appreciated i have no idea what mounts like this are worth....thank you very much

2. newbie07

newbie07 New Member

also a brown bear rug 7x7 1/2 thanks again

3. zachhanel

zachhanel New Member

if its in good shpae it could be worth alot, you can check the archives for both of those, i think when you go to the auction you need to have researched it enough to know when you reach your limit, this kind of question is gona leave most flat because we have no idea of conditions other than the polar bear was from '62 and i'm not sure how it works for legality if you have to go buy renewed paperwork or something but that might be something else to look into as well, just check the archives thoroughly and then make sure you find out condition of the mounts before you buy

4. newbie07

newbie07 New Member

i have pictures of all the mounts except for the brown bear..........other than that the polar bear and the sheep are in excellent condition....the polar bear is open mouth and it may be from 62 but it looks like it was mounted 3 years ago..same for the sheep...these mounts have been taken care of.....if this helps at all...thanks again

5. newbie07

newbie07 New Member

and i was wondering if there is paperwork that would have to be renewed

6. newbie07

newbie07 New Member

bump