1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

critique please

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by j_scott, Feb 18, 2008.

1. j_scott

j_scott New Member

4th 5th and 6th mount, first tripple mount. one of the drake redheads i couldn't get his back feathers to lay right but he had lots of pin feathers would this be a reason why they wouldn't lay right?

2. bigger pictures? or close up? ???

3. j_scott

j_scott New Member

also first goose and habitat, not quiet finished yet

4. j_scott

j_scott New Member

it wont let me post bigger pictures

5. then try to post your pictures on imageshack or photobucket...and then post the links
    the goose looks nice, but to me it doesn't look like a natural pose of the bird, ...well i'm no expert, i can't critique...i haven't even mounted a goose, just shot my first in november ;D

6. j_scott

j_scott New Member

that is my first one i have killed as well not really sure of its pose either, i will be adding some corn shucks to the base as well for it to appear as it is eating somewhat

7. python12

python12 Member

I like to hot glue some moss to the wire hangers
    not real natural looking but better then bare wire IMO

8. bbgg

bbgg New Member

that goose would make a great decoy

9. Who the hell would have a snow goose stuffer decoy?

10. Maybe this will help

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. kjdouble

kjdouble Member

Your balance point of your goose seems to be too far back, like he is tipping over on his bill. The neck on a feeding goose also has more of a sweep rather than straight out. I'll try to include a reference of Canadian geese feeding.
    Keep at it.
    KJ

12. j_scott

j_scott New Member

thanks casey i dont know how to make them bigger like that it wouldn't let me load them any bigger

13. j_scott

j_scott New Member

kjdouble its head is also rotated a bit its not quiet as straight as it looks not a very good pic. but i see what you are saying it needs a little crook in the neck up and down. not just horizontal