1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Remember that coyote on ebay that looked like a dog? Look...

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Bill Yox, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I was shown this pic by a friend, and lifted it to show you all. We were discussing whether a coyote listed on ebay recently was a dog instead. I said no, many said yes. But, heres a pic of a mount that is the same color and markings. For all I know it could be the same animal, but I doubt it, as this is mounted and in a home, and that coyote pic was raw, two weeks ago. Check it out anyway, its a coyote. I know its not a really good mount accuracy-wise, but its neat and clean, and you can see plainly its the same colored and marked animal as the other one.

[​IMG]

2. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

hers another with similiar markings that a custmer got out deer hunting
    http://tdavistaxidermy.com/images/DSC02010.JPG

3. Dang, i had a $500 dollar reward out for ol Hank. I hope my son don't see this

4. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

it look's like that dog that was on tv year's ago..the littlest hobo.. :D ;D

5. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

The both look like coydogs to me I have seen a few in Indiana and they do look neat thanks for sharing.

Setsuna likes this.
  6. Bill Yox

My point being...if its a coydog, it would be random, not almost the exact same like this one, soooo. Its either a coyote, plain and simple, or its a specific breed of dog, plain and simple. Theyre both the same! It has to be one or the other! I think this is cool stuff to debate, dont you all think so?

7. Someone needs to get laid ::)

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Nature Goddess shot him down like an out of control space satellite!!

9. Paul K

Paul K New Member

Well I've seen a couple of these so called coyotes posted over the last few years. Last week end just happened to pass one tied up to a box in a back yard. I didn't have a camera along but I promiss next time I pass by that area I will be taking it along. Wether you guys call them coyotes, coydogs or just plain dogs , some people must be calling them pets.

10. Yeah, it wasnt pretty. I almost felt sorry for him. I'm thinking him and Gravity would make a nice pair. :-[

11. AndyO I think you are skating on very thin ice. That was funny. ROTFLMAO! Frank.

12. michael p.

Bill's old, Gravity would kill him!!

13. Yeah, but it would keep him from wondering if the neighbors stuffed dog is a coyote.

14. duckfeathers

duckfeathers New Member

The old timers used to call them Esquimaux dogs. John J. Audubon painted them from nature and they were labeled Canis Familiaris. Plate CXIII

15. Bill Yox

Andy, you dont know me to talk jack yet...Michael, dont make me return volley with you, lol, I know WWWWAAAAYYYYY too much...dont I?!? Hahahaha, I so like being me!

16. zachhanel

zachhanel New Member

bill, i think your friend needs to type in siberian husky on google or yahoo or something, because that top dog just doesn't look anything like a yote, it just looks like somebodys sled dog, terrys pic looks like it could be a cross but i just don't see how guys who trap could approach a trap see that top critter and think its a yote, yea i could see dispatching a dog if they were packing up, but seriously its obviously not a coyote, i'd like to hear if bob wendt would seriously believe its a yote and not a dog if we asked him?he is an avid trapper and i wonder if hes come across stuff like that

17. You're right Mr. Yax, I don't know you well enough to push your buttons :p

18. michael p.

Uh-Oh!!
    [​IMG]

19. Wolf Hybrid
    [​IMG]

20. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Which ever it is, it has beautiful markings.