1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Red Stag Antler Value

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Pirate, Feb 20, 2008.

1. I have a customer that has several animals with me to be done. Since he dropped them off he has separated from his wife and is going through a divorce. So he does not have the money to pay for everything. He has offered to give me a red stag and put the value towards other animals that I have to do. I have no idea what the value would be of these antlers and cape. The antlers came from the end of velvet so they are snow white. They will need to be stained or have artificial velvet placed on them before they can be used. The antlers have 8 points on the right side and 6 on the left. They have tip to tip spread of 13". The widest point spread is 33". The right side has a nice crown but the left has none. The base is 10" on the left and 9" on the right. I do not know the exact measurement of the cape but it was average size for these antlers. It is currently frozen. If you can give me an idea of what the cape and antlers are worth separately I would greatly appreciate it.

2. *

3. *

4. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

I'll give ya $250 for the cape and antlers...

5. gab

gab Active Member

Mikes offer is about right.I would sell those horns for $175 and ask $150 for the green cape,if its in the low 20's inchwise,$250 if in the high 20's.I've sold a few,and that seems to be the going price

6. I know what my customer was hoping it was worth and I didn't think they would go that high. I'm not going to give away a higher credit than what I could buy the stuff for on here. I wouldn't mind having a big stag in my showroom but I don't want it that bad. Just like everyone else on here I have a whole freezer of my stuff just sitting there. If anyone else has an opinion please give it to me. I want as much input as possible before I call him and tell him what it is worth.

7. Anyone else have any ideas.

8. i know that if you go to the exotic auctions around tx, they usually sell antlers by the pound...so if their massive, you'll get more than a scrawny set....don't remember what the prices were per pound though.....who knows, might be worth looking into....??? :-\

9. Randy

Randy Huntin Chamios on Mount Cook, New Zealand

I get about 20 red stags per year from New Zealand and Patagonia. I sell the capes tanned for $300 to $400. The antlers in the photo are nice but not large. $300 to $350 for the both is fair for the both of you.

10. There is a guy in Michigan that makes pistol grips out of the antlers, not sure what he would pay. Had a set made and love them.

11. Thanks to everyone for the comments!