1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Whitetail please critique

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Budders, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Budders

Budders New Member

Iowa
    New to posting on the site so hopefully this works. Any suggestions on how to get better will be greatly appreciated. This was the first pope and young buck I shot. Shot him on Oct. 10 two years ago. I love the early short hair deer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. DILLWEED

DILLWEED www.burkholderswildlifestudio.com

looks great

3. ed150

ed150 deer city time

looks good,love the ears way you got them

4. Deerslayer08

Deerslayer08 Active Member

The only thing that I can see is that your lipline looks a little wavy. Other than that, nice clean mount.

5. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

real nice looking nice choice for the pose.

6. Ditto on the lip line, looks like it needed to be tucked more towards the front, can't see the right side. Looks good.

7. Chad

Chad Member

Ohio
    Nice looking mount.Like the rest said the lips look like they need tucked alittle more and i would airbrush the inside of the ears with alittle flesh and white myself. But over all very nice mount.

8. Budders

Budders New Member

Iowa
    Thanks for the input everyone. I see what you mean about the lip line. I'll have to watch that a little closer. I do need to do a little touch up on the ears and inside the nose. I'm looking forward to posting more now that I figured out how to post pics.

9. cht

cht New Member

You need to change the color of that wall. Are the ears painted?

10. Jesse Carr

Jesse Carr Get a holt with your feet and stick your chest out

the deers right ear is lower then the left and the left eye is open more then the right looks good though

11. Very nice looking mount, I also like the position of the ears. What form is that??

12. Nice looking mount but if you really want to know if anything could better check reference.

13. Budders

Budders New Member

Iowa
    LOL....the wall color is in the process of getting changed. We just moved in and thats the color it was. You should have seen the bathroom walls!! The form is a Meder offset shoulder.

14. Not to bad.

15. i agree lip line but looks really good

16. Doylestudio

Doylestudio Active Member

Nice job on the head, try using more than just black for your nose color.

Mike