1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#21

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#21

Big Hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!

WOW what a great week we all shared in this past week in fish pictures! There was some really inspirational fish work last week!!!Hovering around 2500 views once again this past week now that is nothing short of outstanding support to intrest of all who love great fish work!!!! I hope you all had a great week my friends and family of Fishheads!!! Lets start off with some Big time thanks to our great contributors this past week!

Great work last week by Dave S, Dan the Man, The Master of the Midwest Doug P, Justfish, Clete, Brain H, KD70chev, Mcole, Mike M, M.T. , Sparky, Paul B, Wild Bill, Aaron N Stehling, Kerby Ross, Tyler, and RAS!!!! Super work and Big thanks for sharing and aspiring all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

This week I want to start the week of with a Monster of a way cool project fish! This Giant is 47 inches and one of the nicest Steelheads I have seen! Mr. Paul Borkowski and Mr. Terry Weick of Michigan !!! The two gentleman are so God given Talented and wonderful firend to the forums it is my pleasure to share with you the Giant Steeelhead!!!

So with out further ado lets get week #21 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #21! Enjoy!

My Best!
    Your friend
    Rick Krane

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WOW!
    That thing is Amazing!! I cant even Imagine seeing a steelie that size!

Well I am back in the fish Game! Finally
    Here is a 24" Great lakes brown trout. Custom molded and cast.

[​IMG]

I am trying out some new techniques on this mount, and so far I am pleased. I still see issues, but thats how it is. Never totally happy ;D
    I wish the camera would pick up the metallics like it looks in real life. I may try to take the photos again and repost them. We shall see.

3. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    wow that steelie is huge and unbelievable!

Josh looks great to me, looks just like the ones we are catching right now in the harbor!

4. I need to get out in the harbors and try for some of these myself!
    Hopefully soon.

5. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    we hammered them a steelies, good sized ones also! as soon as you threw one back and got the line in you had another, browns averaged about 10 lbs

6. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

Damn it is late, But I love to look at those Great fish!! I'm at the Wisc. Show, I hope to show off some of their fish.
    Trashfish

7. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Brown looks great Josh ( happy birthday btw). I'm working on your albacore ;)

Steelhead is beautiful as well !!

8. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Wow, I don't get a chance to do any cold water fish but that steelhead and brown both looked like they could have swam right out of my screen. Fantastic job, Paul, Terry, and Josh.

9. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

Both the steelhead and the brown trout are fine examples of the high standards of the members of this forum. Even when I myself have nothing to post, I get SO MUCH joy out of this thread. Thanks to all who post and thanks to Rick for keeping it up. :( Back to mounting turkeys! YUCK!

10. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Here's another Mi steelie guys. Still learning. Great fish so far.[​IMG][​IMG]

11. sparkyf

sparkyf New Member

Wow, beautiful Steelies!! Josh, awsome brown (and perfect size fins ;) cant wait to get them). Here is another brown, just need to install the teeth.

12. BIGUN

BIGUN New Member

WOW. Great fish- that steelhead is breathtaking- Great job Paul and Terry- DANG! Great brownies, Josh and sparkyf! Beautiful steelhead, duxdog! Here is a old-school Sockeye from one of my old-school plaster molds- he he

[​IMG]

13. JohnBOhio

JohnBOhio New Member

hey Rick, i really wish you would stop taking pictures of live fish and passing them on as a mount, how do you get them to stay still for you anyway? lmao.

14. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

Don't have any trout this week to keep up with the theme but I do have a walleye I just finished.

15. mayhem15

mayhem15 New Member

great fish guys. Dave, those background paintings are beautiful. i would sure like to see more of them.

16. AKKEVIN

AKKEVIN New Member

great work

17. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Nothing finished of late... :-[

But I have some time off from the day job coming up in a week and a half (fish time!). ;D

I do have a couple of skin mounts I am waiting on heads for... here is a chum, complete with a still alive reference photo from the client, taken at streamside. Now if I can only get it to come out a fraction as good as Pete's chums. ::)

Great start to the week everyone! Josh... I love the brown!

18. den007

den007 Active Member

Airbrushus interruptus..........new subspecies of brown trout.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

19. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Paul and Terry-I would really be impressed if that fish was 4 ft.long.(lol) Nice fish, biggest I have ever seen was 38" we caught out of the St Joe. Can't even imagine how big that fish is in real life. Like to see a pic with you guys near it for size comparison if possible.

20. SAUGER57

SAUGER57 New Member

Geez Josh that brown looks better than when it was alive!

DUXDOG your steelie and the presentation yesterday by MI guide Kevin Feenstra at our club meeting really got me thinkin that I should take a ride to MI and collect some nice steelies for Josh to work on.

Us flat landers have to be good for something!