1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (Starting Feb. 22nd)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Feb 22, 2008.

1. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Well good morning guys. Another fast week has gone by and last weeks thread was another great one with over 3000 views. This is a mostly critique free thread where people of all levels can post without fear, Beginners to experts so don't be afraid to post. If you know how to email a photo but don't know how to post one email it to me at [email protected] along with the info and Ill post it for you. This thread includes all game heads, not just deer so feel free to post bears, hogs, etc. Thanks and talk to you all later. Brian Holmes

2. here are three two finished and one just mounted the first two are 6500 McKenzie and the last is a Rinehart 200 upright.Have a good week everbody, Curtis

3. bigbucks

bigbucks Member

Heres one i did for a friend of mines son. Opening day Bowkill. sorry the pics are not sharp. piece of &%^#@ sony camera.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ed150

ed150 deer city time

nice job there bigbucks,excellent mount

5. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Couple of pics Alejandro Garcia ask me to post for him. send me a clear pick and I will replace this one. Thanks ..........

Alejandro Garcia said. Here are pics of my 2nd shoulder mount this season, it's almost ready just need some touch up work. Let me know what you think all advice is welcome. This is my first picture posted so dont be too hard on me. I use krotann, and bondo for the ears. Thanks in advance.

6. akmike

akmike Member

just finished this sitka blacktail

7. akmike

akmike Member

sorry for the doube pictures .

8. Akmike that looks like a big blacktail. Nice job Bigbucks looks great.

9. ed150

ed150 deer city time

did this buck today,coombs classic wall ped 9500 series upright, pic sux

10. ed150

ed150 deer city time

littel better pic

11. NTWS

NTWS New Member

Black bear. Still trying to figure out how to take a decent picture. Great work everyone!

12. Schmitty

Schmitty New Member

MN
    Bigbucks that deer looks great....is that the real velvet and if so how did you preserve it, freeze dry, inject or what?

13. bigbucks

bigbucks Member

Thanks for the compliments ed150 and schmitty. It is the deers real velvet. I saturated it in antler in velvet tan twice then rinsed it off with water then brushed it out. seems to work pretty good for me. Knock on wood. ed150 looks like that deer of yours is off to a darn nice start.

14. lonewolf1330

lonewolf1330 Member

TN
    good lookin mounts everyone heres mine for the week

15. lonewolf1330

lonewolf1330 Member

TN
    another

16. beautiful work everyone!!!!!! ed150 excellent job on that whitetail..

17. Tuttuman

Tuttuman New Member

Been lurking on this forum for a long tim, but seldom post. But heres a dall sheep Im doing right now. Taxi is a hobby, mainly do my own stuff. Critiques are welcomed.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. arrowed 1 taxidermy

arrowed 1 taxidermy New Member

Excellent work every one. How do you post pics on here.

19. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

here's the second deer I've gotten done so far this season..his cape was pretty rough and MAN do I need a new camera.

20. NWRIGHT

NWRIGHT New Member

Great mounts everybody. First time posting pictures, hopefully works! This is a Mississippi delta deer that just went out the door. Second is a Mississippi hill deer recently finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]