1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Where do you order from?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by DevinCamPA, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Hey guys....
    I just wanted to know where you guys buy all of you supplies from? I've recently ordered from rinehart. Im going to be making a long list of items to be bought and wanted to know the best site with the best price and service. thanks

2. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

I use Mckenzie, Vandikes and WASCO alot. Check out James supply and ozark woods.

3. I prefer McKenzie, and I recently used Van Dykes, and only use Van Dykes if you have to. In my neck of the woods it takes anywhere fron 8-10 business days for packages to get here.

4. Steves Taxidermy

Steves Taxidermy "Speak The Language"

McKenzie!!!

5. tim74

tim74 New Member

mckenzie has the fastest turn around time and always seem to be in stock.

6. DILLWEED

DILLWEED www.burkholderswildlifestudio.com

mostly mckenzie,but i use research mannikins to sometimes

7. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

McKenzie

8. Mostly Research, and WASCO.

9. mostly McKenzie but also research, WASCO, van dykes, joe coombs, and tru fit.

10. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

mk and research - no problems with vd though

11. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

WASCO, Van Dykes, McKenzie, and Research Mannikens :)

12. SWANS TAXIDERMY

SWANS TAXIDERMY New Member

iowa
    i agree with steves

13. I've mainly used Van Dykes, no real reason, they've always had what I needed and I've gotten it quickly.

14. hoho

hoho New Member

Mckenzie, I get my stuff really fast from them. WASCO is good just takes to long to receive

15. JasonMoe

JasonMoe New Member

Van Dykes is 24 hours. All the others are not.

16. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

You must be doing something I dont to get it that fast. 5 or 6 days here. Mckenzie is 2 days everytime.

17. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

LOL Holmes, I'm with you. If they are 24 hours, why did the lady tell me yesterday that I could expect the order in SEVEN TO TEN WORK DAYS???

And I don't have a problem with that as I always try to order in advance of my needs. Van Dykes still carries a selection of accoutrement items unrivaled in the industry. For example, the hand tools, straight wire in 48 inch lengths, lamps and fixtures, shades, any size eye they advertise, leather of all types,mounting kits, and dozens of other items. Most suppliers limit their inventory and force you into their name brands and I suspect that one day soon, Van Dykes will too. I've used them since 1958 and though I mainly use McKenzie now, I still keep their catalog at my fingertips.

18. Resources, resources, and more resources. Just as you use this site for advice as well as learning, always have more than one place to shop. all the suppliers are good, but some have better deals on what you are looking for, or you are looking for that hard to find piece that all do not carry.

19. Kenny

Kenny New Member

for forms, I mostly use McKenzie. But for chemicals & other stuff I use Van Dykes and WASCO

20. I just ordered from Van Dykes and WASCO. I recieved a nice catalog from Jonas supply and may place an order with them