1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

first Bison (finished now), please critique

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 1stturkey, Feb 25, 2008.

1. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

Okay, just finished it. I know the nose is a little assymetrical & the replacement horns are too big - they were the smallest I could find in the catalogs. I think the nose color is maybe too dark?

2. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

more pics

3. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

another

4. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

one more

5. nose looks crooked to me. It also looks like he is looking in two different directions.

6. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I have to agree with Curtis, on the nose. Also IMO the ears should be flopped more.

7. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

thanks, ccook63. Yes, the nose is off and I guess the eyes some too. It was hard to tell when I was doing the mount but easier to see in the pic. I also think the horns maybe should be a little more fwd?

What do you mean by ears "flopped" more, nibjone? Turned down?

8. nibjones

not as perkey, I checked my ref. and all the ears appear straight out or flopped. Could be your pics. or the way I am seeing them but, they look perkey to me.

9. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

he was a yearling, maybe still had some perkiness in him. :)
    Thanks, nibjones.

10. He can barely see, the brow is a little heavy it almost covers his pupil.

11. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

thanks for all the input guys. I guess my next question is what is it worth? I have about $600 of materials cost into it. Should I chaulk it up as "experience" and not charge for my time?

12. nibjones

No, If it was a customer mount, you still need to charge for it and they will be happy. You don't do anything for free!
    That is a bad habit to get started on.

13. 1stturkey

1stturkey Member

Thanks, nibjones. It's just the closer I look at the pics the less happy I am with the mount. The customer likes it though, I guess that counts for something. I do hope to improve & appreciate the input from you guys. Thanks again.

14. nibjones

you have a PM