1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

jonas coyote earliners

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Wayne D, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Wayne D

Wayne D New Member

I just received a pair and quite surprised by the looks.anybody ever use them,any comments on them.
    thanks,wayne.

2. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

pure crap - order ozark woods earliners from them or van dyke's - you'll be happy - jonas earliners are not shaped even remotely close to what a coyote looks like

3. Mark in IL

Mark in IL New Member

Hi Wayne,

Ditto on what Terry said - They ARE pure crap. I bought some and when I got them I thought - man these things are way to short for the coyotes I mount. Then I thought about cutting off that little bottom ridge "base" of the ear and using the top part while claying the rest of the way down. Then I though - I think I will just use apoxie sculpt like I usually do. So that's what I did. I am going to order some of the Ozark Woods coyote ear liners (I think they are listed as Brian Harness earliners in Van Dyke's catalog) to try them out. So far I have tried bondo, ear "magic", and apoxie sculpt for coyote ears. In my opinion, the apoxie sculpt gives you the best ear if you don't use liners.

Mark

4. Wayne D

Wayne D New Member

You guys took the words right out of my mouth(unbelievable).they do not even come close,half the height andwhere that shape came from i have no idea.when i use apoxie skulpt i usually press up against a earliner to shape it.does ozark woods have a catalog.
    thanks,wayne.

5. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

ow hAS A CATALOG

6. nofiveo

nofiveo Active Member

i've got a set of the brian harness earliners coming for a yote i'm doing. the rest of my order got her wens.. but the liners were back ordered and should be here tomorrow. i hope they work out ok.

7. Here is a post with pictures of yote earliners I bought last year, I could not use them. I am not sure if they have straightened out the problem or not.
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,30888.msg171247.html#msg171247

8. J. Ivy

J. Ivy New Member

I found out the hard way, but their deer ears are junk also.

9. Wayne D

Wayne D New Member

Timber Rattler,yep same ones.I think i will use them for a raccoon.

10. PEGGYOBEAR

PEGGYOBEAR New Member

What happened to good old fashioned bondo and some chop?? That way you are in control of the character of the ears??