1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Turkey Video

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by 10inchbeard, Feb 26, 2008.

1. 10inchbeard

10inchbeard New Member

Hello everyone, I am in the market for a good instruction dvd on turkeys. I found several in the van dikes book but on was alot more expensive the Danny Owens video. Has anyone seen this dvd? and is it worth twice as much as the others? What dvds do you fellows like? I have ordered the breakthrough magazines 66 67 68, but have not got them yet. Is there any other issues that would be good? Thanks for the information..

2. AO

AO New Member

The Danny Ownes video is very good...much better than van dykes video I have.

3. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I have that one coming. If it ever gets here. I have the Danny Owens pheasant dvd and I like it. I like the way he teaches. How long are the other videos and how in depth are they? The D.O dvd is 4hrs. long.

4. Ronzo

Ronzo New Member

I have the Danny Owens turkey dvds. Thay are vary good. Yes 3 dvds about 4 1/2hrs long. I like them. Good Luck.

5. dbronco

dbronco Member

The Danny Owens DVD/Videos are really well done. Everything you need to know is covered. I thought it was great and well worth the money.

6. SWANS TAXIDERMY

SWANS TAXIDERMY New Member

iowa
    What suppler has the D.O. Turkey video??

7. nibjones

Unfortunately VanDykes, but they are back ordered until next week

8. SWANS TAXIDERMY

SWANS TAXIDERMY New Member

iowa
    thanks

9. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

This is it Van Dykes,you spelled it like---Look At Your Spelling

10. Joe Mc

Joe Mc New Member

Is this D.O. DVD still on back order or is Van Dyke's just slower since Cabalas bought them. Order a week ago and still haven't charged my card yet. Whats up with them, I didn't think they could get slower guess I was wrong?

11. nibjones

They did have them in, sometimes I don't get charged until after it is shipped.

12. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

Danny's video is very good and you can't go wrong with it

13. Joe Mc

Joe Mc New Member

Thanks for posting back They are definitely slower then last year. You would think they would pick it up with the fast competition out there?

14. nibjones

be patient it is worth the wait!

15. lookn4awhitetail

lookn4awhitetail "I shoot a Mathews, cause I dont wanna Hoyt them"

My DO video shipped today. SO they must have gotten some. They can be slow, Some times I will get stuff in a few days from them other times it may be several weeks. They seem to have alot of things backordered.

16. Joe Mc

Joe Mc New Member

Called Van Dyke's today and they told me the DVD will be in by the end of the month. Turkey kit and preservit was also back ordered till the end of month. In other words I'm waiting till the end of the month. Maybe I hope??

17. From the sounds of the opinions I am reading, that is the direction I will go. Edward, how about letting me know when you get yours.

Thank You & Be Well,

Frank