1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#22

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Rick and Slick, thanks for answering my question. I love to fish, but I have never caught a walleye (from sounthern Ind) before. All of the walleye I have ever seen on a taxi mount have shown a white eye and I thought they always looked that way. Once again, thanks for sharing you knowledge with me.

Everyone, as always, beautiful mounts. I admire all of your works of art.

2. Nice work fish heads. Doug nice work as usual, that wolffish sure is one ugly but well done creature. Kirby your bass is looking great. Pescado your brown is awesome and so is your steelhead. I want to try a brown someday. Hey nice cat Aaron I've got a channel cat coming up soon. Duxdog love the smallie man. Closed mouth mounts are always cool to see. Slick the eyes I used are Van Dykes natural eyes. I think they look great. That is the third pair I've used and they really capture the refraction quality of a real walleye eye as you roll the fish. I have some other photos I'll post with the eye shining. I think next time I may try to make my own and see how the turn out.

3. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

Holy Smokes!!! Great fish Guys!!! I am hoping to have some posted this weekend.

4. Chad See

Chad See Certified "Fish Head"

As usual, fintastic work done by all! :) Red Stag, I would love to do an Atlantic. You are so lucky!! Pescado, I would love to know how you did those scales, they look good!

5. Great job fish heads. All are very impressive. Here's a walleye.

[​IMG]

6. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Paul, you have my vote so far. Unbelievable work.

7. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Didn't know this was a competition.lol No, mine too.

8. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Really didn't mean it that way. Paul's work always impresses me. Thumbs up to all the fantastic work. I always enjoy this post each week. There are some great fish taxidermists out there.

9. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

This might be the best quality fish mounts ever posted on our weekly get together!

10. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

I'm in awe of the talent. Fantastic fish this week. This talent just keeps going to all time highs. Thanks all of you guys for sharing.

11. DanB

DanB New Member

Another great week in fish pics. Crappie skin mount.

[​IMG]

12. That is a Great looking White Crappie!
    I wish we had them up here, Id love to do a replica of one.

13. DanB

DanB New Member

Josh, no W. Crappies in Wisc?

14. They are rare.
    I have only caught one in my whole life.

Ive seen a few when fishing for Blacks but they never hit.

They get them more commonly in a few High pressure lakes but those places are zoos during the spawn, Way! to busy for my little kayak.

15. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    geezzz Josh you must be talking about all of SE WI...lol

16. nate

nate Active Member

first lake trout

17. Really nice white crappie Dan. Looks like you've been busy lately. Thats a good thing. The black background always make a fish stand out huh? We don't have white crappie in my part of NC either. I think there may be some in the western part of the state but not here. Keep up the good work.

18. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Beautiful crappie. One of the better ones I have seen in many years.

19. Hey Josh , If I get a big white crappie this spring ,I will send it to you . We have both he in GA. . i will let you know, if I get one I think you might like. My brother in law, really gets after the crappie this time of year, so I will also tell him I want one. Randy

20. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Dan, when I scrolled down on the pic of that crsppie....I said WOOOOH. :eek: very nice. I can't wait to try one of those guys. Ken I certainly as kidding with ya. and I agree with you about that steelie. :)