1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#22

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Great fish this week . Travis , nice walleye . Paul , that brown is awesome . Kerby , cool bass . Dan, that crappie is sweet!!! And all those smallmouth look great ! That flathead catfish, is cool too.

2. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Josh, I have a white Crappie in the freezer now. It's not huge but it is decent size. If you want it, I'll send it to you. I also catch quite a few in late spring in norhtern IN and out of our upground reservoirs in NW OH.

3. DanB

DanB New Member

Thanks for the comments guys on the crappie mount. That one was a quickie as I am really pressed for time on alot of my fish the last several weeks.

Travis, some fish look good on the black background and some don't but it seems I have been doing that alot here lately.
    There seems to be alot more white crappie around here, with a couple big lakes right up the road full of them.
    Busy isn't the word for it, Ive been a fish mounting and wood carving fool the last two months, LOL.

I am moving my studio to Florida shortly, Trying to finish up on local work.
    Went full time in fish in Jan. and temporarily stopped taking in work :-\

4. den007

den007 Active Member

Nice crappie Dan. I like the slick finishing work around the mouth and the pink tints you used. Without that pink, those fish just lood "cold" to me. Jumbo King of the week........Fishermanstale casting.

5. den007

den007 Active Member

Rick, I love the tail vermiculations on that walleye.......something always gives me fits about getting those to look natural every time on a walleye. Josh, the middle picture looks like an evil hand puppet! Paul, the technique on that brown is impressive.....especially the closeups. You said you are doing a seminar on this?

6. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

here is one i finished up last night

7. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

yes den at the michigan taxidermist convention in 2 weeks.

8. Tom M.

Tom M. Member

Nice work fish heads. Keep sending the inspiring photos.

9. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I've never posted a pic before so here it goes. Cast head and fins.
    [​IMG]

10. sid

sid New Member

11. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Sorry sid, my old e-mail is no good anymore, I'm working on a new account. I'll call next week. Not going to take this one to the show, working on a small LMB.

12. sid

sid New Member

cory can you call on my cell phone 913-302-7121

13. another alaskan 26" humpy finished today

14. 26" humpy

15. NINETOE

NINETOE New Member

Heres a couple, I like Dans Crappie. Maybe he'll part with a schedule ?

Hey Rick, look no spear! :)

16. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

Well finished up the final class at The Acadamy of Wildlife Art and thought I would share my demo fish

My old replica SMB18135 finished for Michigan taxidermist Dave Connors. Sorry I don't have it attached to the base yet.

[​IMG]

A custom mold/cast of a golden rainbow for customer Jeff Rutt of Delaware.

[​IMG]

A custom molded spawning brown finished as a demo at the school.

[​IMG]

17. Awesome fish, people!

18. Here's a big female brookie customer mount. That's a funky looking brown, Gary. I likey.

[​IMG]

19. Nice humpy Rich !! Great fish Gary and Kevin !!! Really nice work .

20. Really nice Brookie Kevin. They are beautiful fish for sure.