1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Okay, I skinned your damb longhorn...NOW...

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Ron B, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    HOW THE HELL DO I GET THE HORNS OFF!!!!!! Please tell me there is a better way than maceration. Can I boil this %$(**% thing in a 55 gallon drum or something without something bad happening. PLEASE! DEAR GOD, I DON"T WANT TO ROT THIS THING!!!!!!!Not on my little one acre!!!!

2. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Rot it, its not that bad. Mike had a pic of how he did it but the archives are hard to use now. Its in there though I think.

3. Ron B

Alabama
    I just hate it. It stinks and takes forever. Especially when it is still cold out. %^& #%[email protected]!

4. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

My standard answer when someone ask this question is to put it in the microwave. LMAO. Have fun.

5. Ron B

Alabama
    This is not a huge longhorn but I would say it is several feet wider than the biggest mocrowave on the market. LOL

6. zachhanel

zachhanel New Member

i had to rot two steer heads this summer and i live in town, i just barried up to the horns and watched to make sure the squirrels weren't chewing it up then took the caps off within a week and the skull was clean in a month

7. Michelle_Nelson

Michelle_Nelson Bring on the Bears!

I agree let it rot or put it in the icrowave, lol.