1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My First Duck mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by rc5211, Mar 1, 2008.

1. rc5211

rc5211 New Member

This is my first attempt on a duck Please tell me what you Think, I still need to paint the bill and finish the legs and maybe some more grooming .........Thanks Rick
  2. i am by all means no expert hell i have just finished up my 4th one but yours looks good to me wish my first one looked that good lol ;D

3. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

Looks very nice. I would bring the wing up more into the side pocket, and be sure the feet are injected, if they weren't already. ;D
  4. BMan40

BMan40 New Member

Looks good painting that bill and the feet will bring it to life,
  5. roostinridge

roostinridge Active Member

Looks good I like the pose and the wood,etc.
  6. I agree with Twinter, move the wings up some into the wing pockets, other than that it looks very nice for your first duck.
  7. rc5211

rc5211 New Member

Thanks for the comments will work on the wing set, that was the hard part for me I have injected the feet once already should I do them again? Then comes the challenge of trying to get the bill painted so it looks right.Thanks Again for all the Help .....Rick
  8. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

nice job.
  9. hope my first duck looks any where close very nice job mark c
  10. OutbackJack

OutbackJack New Member

looks really nice! Good job
  11. scpol

scpol Wholesale Bird Taxidermy....Fan of Mike & Harry

When i paint the bill on a Drake Mallard, First i paint it black. Let it dry for a bit, then wipe it down
    with thinner, so you leave black in the crevasses and low spots. Then hit it with Yellow Ochre. Then
    paint the nail black, and also hit the nostrils. Then you can add a hint of light green if you want.
  12. KAMoHunter

KAMoHunter Proud member of the WVTA

really nice bird
  13. It looks a lot better than my first , Your presentation looks nice. :)
  14. psehunter

psehunter New Member

looks pretty good, i agree with bringing the wing up more to the pocket and pulling the grey belly feathers up on top of the wing. on the bills i paint mine first then mount them. its hard enough painting the feet after its mounts i dont want to have to told the bird and paint the bill. good job on your first