1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Please Critique

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by heavybarrel270, Mar 2, 2008.

1. This is my 15th mount . Please take a look and be as critical as you want . I am looking to get better . I am taking this deer to my state comp next friday . I am self taught with alot of help from this site . Thanks to all of you for convincing me to go to the competition .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

Oh now you don't ,, not this close to your comp. We could pick this apart and you would end up not taking it to the show. I can tell you one thing, there will be deer there allot worse than yours. You have nothing to worry about. Relax and get some sleep. This close to your competition, I am not going to say anything about this mount. pro div, a 79/83 is my guess.

3. 2 bucks you get 2nd place if not first good job mark c

4. Nice job! I would tone down the white in the nostril, a little to white. You should fair well at comp. Good luck :)

5. Just some things i see. It might just be the picture angle but i dont see any bottom lip. Also, the hair inside the ear looks like it still has some overspray on it. Otherwise for #15 it is nice. Very clean and neat.

6. duece

duece Member

Take this for what its worth HOLY WOW . To me that is awesome clean mount
    Ears and ears but is my weakness but yours are great. I myself only on number 5 but can't wait to make them look that good .Also good luck at the competion you will do fine

7. LSE taxidermy

LSE taxidermy Daddy's lttle hunter

Looks great I like the pedestal choice it really brings it to life.

8. Please somebody check your work against your REFERENCE! You'll find out right away whats wrong.

9. rebel

rebel New Member

i wish yall would not critique this until after Friday he is going to give me a run for my money lol
    it looks you may want to leave it out side till friday the rain and outdoors is good for it just kidding

10. Thank you all ,who have taken the time to comment so far . I really appreciate the work on this site and all who are willing to help .

Rice , I have seen your work and admire it . I have studied my refernce til i am blue in the face . If my hands could make everything i see perfect then i would not need to compete and learn now would I , but thank you anyway . You did take your time to reply .

rebel , i dont look at it as competing against you . I am competing against myself to make a deer as real as i can .
    Mike

11. rebel

rebel New Member

i know i am just joking around looks pretty good defiantly take a brush and remove the hair from the inner ear

12. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Goosd luck at the show you will do fine.

13. duece

duece Member

Wait a minute Rice194 instead of saying check your reference and implying what is wrong.Clarifey yourself with the answers!!!! ,It sure would help us self taught people with correcting the problems. Sorry to jump in. But in my post rice says throat patch is off.Well i hope you considered the pose and also the angle from the picture was taking.I assure you Iam not that sloppy. Not trying to be a a$$. But lets try to help each other instead of making smart an uneducated guesses .Sorry to offend anyone

14. Brian Claar

Brian Claar New Member

Fix the crack int he center of the nose pad.

15. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

That is what competitions are for, this site is a bandaid, posting pictures here is a weak attempt to show what can not be seen in person. Anyone using this site as a Bible to replace going to a show and presenting their work before a judge is short changing them selves.

16. duece

duece Member

Well there Mr T shut my mouth!!! I need not to offend anyone.People like me only have this site for know, and it sure helps to get us self taught beginners in the right direction.

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

duece, there is nothing like a hands on critique, this place is to soft, and there is to much bad advice floating around. I guess bad advice is better then no advice, but if you want the best advice, it's at the shows, nose to nose.

18. duece

duece Member

I respect you MrT. I realize that some advice is not worth the energy it takes to write or say.Also i could not agree with you more about hands on and nose to nose critic. You and others have me convinced to go to shows. Not to try to win just for the information that the pros have to offer. Sorry to take away from from this post and turn it into a personal talk

19. Jan

Jan New Member

I am no deer expert, but it looks nice to me. I have done a fox for the Michigan competition. I did not post it here because I didn't want to chicken out of entering it in the competition. lol Mr. T hit it right on the nail for me.

Jan

20. Deuce - your not taking anything from this post . Your comments are adding to it .

Thank you all for your comments . I know it has problems , but i still can't wait to get to competition with it . What other place can you find out whats wrong and how to fix it all at once . :eek:

mike