1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

240"whitetail

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by DILLWEED, Mar 4, 2008.

1. DILLWEED

DILLWEED www.burkholderswildlifestudio.com

[​IMG]

2. DILLWEED

Re: 240

trying to figure out how to figure out how to upload pix.by the way this is the biggest buck i ever mounted

3. Oak Leaf

Oak Leaf New Member

I knew if I passed him someone would shoot him....Darn it...

4. Deerslayer08

Deerslayer08 Active Member

cool Rack. whereabouts was that one shot?

5. That is huge!!!

6. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

Wow that is a giant.

7. I have seen a lot bigger.............in my dreams! nice rack

8. Are those repo antlers??

9. Did you restain those or is that the original color? That color looks similar to the Rompola buck from Michigan that some people say is a fake.

10. dipper

dipper New Member

I'm in love w/ those....well... how do you describe it??? Double brow tines. Those main beams are just nasty! What a buck! Give us a state at least..please!! Nice job on the mount, as if anyone is gonna look at that anyway! LOL

11. Wdlangford

Wdlangford New Member

Where was he shot?

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Nice looking, but I dont agree with 240 inches. He even has a pretty cape too!

13. DILLWEED

he was a domestic deer raised in Strasburg PA, and yes i did stain the antlers,they were totaly white when he brought it in. i liked them like they were,but he wanted them stained.Bill i didn't acualy score it myself(i'd probaly get lost!) but that is what the customer told me,and the commpliment on the cape goes to the woderful folks at east coast tannery. the original cape was nasty.i'm not sure if letting it lay outside for a whole day on a hot day after it lay there sick for a whole week would cause that or not!! i would have tried to save the cape, but the time frame he gave me to do it did't allow it.

14. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

That is a toad of a buck. Wow.

15. candyman

candyman New Member

The Rompola buck was a fake? :eek: yah it was! I didnt think there was 240" of bone either - but helluva buck

16. dipper

dipper New Member

That explains it. I'm no longer that impressed w/ the rack, if it was a penned deer. I would have to saw it's around 200 though. The stain job looks pretty good, well done.

17. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Why wouldnt you be impressed if it were pen raised?

18. DILLWEED

i thought it was impressive even for a pen raised deer. by the way , the customer just picked it up and told me it measured 245". i don't know, i guess i don't see that size often enuogh to be able to tell.

19. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

I have a repo of the Koch buck which bill has seen. It sxcores 248 & this one doesnt match it for size. Antlers are antlers what difference does it make where they grew. You anti fence people slay me, living in a dream world. Face the reality of loss of habitat & no more walk all day in the wilderness for most people in most areas. Your corn fed midwestern deer on posted land might as well be in a fence. And yes Ive shot big wild bucks but it was 30 years ago.

20. bw

bw New Member

I agree that there is no reason not to be inpressed with a pen raised deer. Just because it is pen raised doesn't mean it isn't worthy of being appreciated. But I disagree with [email protected]'s statement about "corn fed midwestern deer on posted land". There is no comparison between hunting highfence and free range. Last I checked....deer can't read posted signs. No disrespect intended Bill....just my opinion.