1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Permit me to STIR THE POT(LOL)

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Perca, Mar 6, 2008.

1. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

one more thing, I just had to end this post with the 100th reply, see ya

2. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

I've got nothing against you M.T., you know we've talked at the convention a few times. I just have trouble with people, not just you, giving bad advise. I have given many folks grief over things they have posted, that I thought was wrong or misleading. Taxidermist are not the only people that view this site. I just like to point out my observations to certain statements and claims, nothing more. Nothing personal against anyone. If someone can back up their claims with solid proof, that's fine. For instance, when I posted that close up of the brown I posted last week in the TWFP's thread and stated how I got the results in minutes not hours using my "po-po" method of applying colors, I stated I was going to back up my claims at the MTA convention in a seminar. I not claiming it to be "top secret" or anything, but is is the easiest, fastest way I have found to mimic what I see in my reference studies.
    So I guess the moral to the story is "put up or shut up" LOL.

3. wildwings

wildwings New Member

I just had a idea ! I am going to try a 6 hour bluegill. What I am think is doing a 1/2 cast method thou. Then like 1 guy said bake it in the oven with the fans on. It just might work ! This way you avoid the foam melting and you can cook the meat at the same time. Hopefully this will shrink the fish at the same time. Hmmmm I might have to try this on a fish this Summer and see if it can be done. I figure get the fish mounted in 1-2 hours bake 1 hour epoxie right way let sit for about 30 mins seal paint spray. Dang you MT its like a challenge to get it done in that time.

4. Lets see...Dan Rhinehart winning a ribbon at an IGT competition. Kinda like throwing yourself a surprise birthday party, isn't it?

5. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

wildwings, you forgot add butter and chopped onions in there. ;D

6. wildwings

wildwings New Member

lol Naw I will use lemon lysol and lots of salt lol

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf umm BACON

Where can you hunt ducks at 12 years old?

8. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Where can't you? I hunted ducks, geese, deer, and turkeys at 12 years old.

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf umm BACON

Michigan for one

10. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

yes you can hunt ducks in MI @ 12 years old. That is one of the reasons for the youth dunt hunt in Sept.

11. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

I just had to jump back in, I know, I said I was finished with this thread, but I am from Michigan, we could always hunt ducks when we are twelve, and now for the last two years, my kids were able to hunt ducks at ten years old! It's that new Junior Apprentice program. My daughter shot her first duck last fall, she turned 11 last week!

12. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to spank Den for putting this on a new post. ;D

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,73607.0.html

13. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf umm BACON

I have some old hunter rules from Michigan here and back when you were 12 Matt, You had to be 14 to hunt with a firearm in Michigan. You could bow hunt for deer at 12 but you could not shoot ducks. And yes the laws have been changed since then. Sorry I called you Mark earlier. I could be wrong, then so is the rule books (1971-1978)

14. M.T.

M.T. Active Member

yep, your are right for deer hunting, not for small game., including ducks!