1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nicely Repo Blanks- anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Gary B., Mar 6, 2008.

1. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

Just wondering about the quality of Nicely Repo Blanks- How are they? How is the quality?

Thanks for any input

Gary B.

2. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

Re: Nicely Repo Blanks

Has anyone used blanks from Nicely's Fiberglass Reproductions, Covington, Va. ???????????????

How were they??????????

thanks

Gary B.

3. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

I'm new but I have never heard of them.

4. Re: Nicely Repo Blanks

Heck ive never heard of them either....lol

5. naturalcreati40

naturalcreati40 Active Member

not me...anyone have thier info?

6. Re: Nicely Repo Blanks

Their web site didn't impress me much ,the fish looked plastic but maybe thats why nobody has heard of them.A good paint job might make one look good though but I know I couldn't.Just my opinion.KD

7. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

they advertize in Breakthrough- page 49 of Issue 89, winter 2007-just wondering about their quality- as I have never ordered from them before

Gary B.

8. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

bump

9. Perca

Perca Well-Known Member

I've used them. By your standards Gary, they are probably just OK. I was satisfied with them. If you are famiiliar with McGinnity blanks, they are of similar quality...eh? Not as detailed as a Ron Reynolds replica but much better than one from Archie Phillips. Priming, which I routinely do anyway, was necessary beause the casting material was translucent. It has been 7 or 8 years since I bought any from Pete and his methods/materials might very well have changed by now. He has the biggest walleye that is commercially available if anyone is interested.

10. fishdude

fishdude New Member

I have used several of them over the years for fish I could not get elsewere. The earlier post summed it up. Much like Archies, or the old Bob Davis blanks. Most of McGinnities, especially the saltwater are better than I have received from Nicely.