1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#23

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#23

Big Hello from Hinsdale New Hampshire!

WOW what a great week we all shared in this past week in fish pictures! There was some really inspirational fish work last week!!! Again 2500 plus views once again this past week now that is nothing short of outstanding support to intrest of all who love great fish work!!!! I hope you all had a great week my friends and family of Fishheads!!! Lets start off with some Big time thanks to our great contributors this past week!

Great work last week by Travis J, Josh K, Ole ( Redstag ) , Gus, Doug P, Paul B, Aaron S, Justfish, Dan B, Nate, Denny, Bdahyrt, Cory, Rich H, Ninetoes, Gary B, Kevin Birznieks, Michael and
    Frankie Shipman, Kinil, and Jimmy L!!!!!
    and Rich H!!!!! Super work and Big thanks for sharing and aspiring all of us!

From beginner's to the best in the world we all join in every week in a critique free and hassle free string with nothing more then great artist and inspiring fish taxidermist and carves get together to share with one another their praise and inspiration of good will and friendship to one another.

This week I want to start the week of with a good friend of ours and a wonderful contributer of the Forums. Mr. Jimmy Lawrence of Bedford Iowa! Jimmy spent 10 day with me here in NH for his second workshop on fish. Jimmy worked long and hard for sure and did some great work here as he demonstrated commitment and diligence while remaining a valued family member of Anglers Artistry. Jimmy did more then a day of sight seeing and Wooing the girls at the resterant we took Jimmy too. Jimmy is a hard working fishhead and a gifted taxidermist! I too the liberty of putting Jimmys fish on the bases he already made here while working on his skills. This is a beautiful Pink Salmon and a very pleasing base simple but enhancing!

So with out further ado lets get week #23 under way.

So here we go and here is to a great week in fish pictures!!!! #23! Enjoy!

My Best!
    Your friend
    Rick Krane
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Rick, thanks very much for all the kind words!!! I enjoyed my workshop very much!! Especially "wooing the girls" lol!!!! Man, that black background really sets the fish out well!!! I can't say enough about Ricks classes!

Can't wait to see what else is posted for this week!! I stayed up just to see this thread every single thursday night!!!

Looking foreward to another great inspirational week!

Jimmy.

3. wildwings

wildwings New Member

Dang it Jimmy and Rick now I can't goto the ITA show ! I was going for the fish awards. Naw just kidding awesome fish I am sure its a 1st place fish. I just hope I can give you a run for your money ! That is if I get them finished in time I just got the shrinkage done and the eyes set. Just paint and gloss and should be on my way.

Ps. You were going Masters right ;)

4. Lookn' Good Jimmy!!

I love the spotting and the iridescent purple in the gills!!

5. great job on the pink........awesome colors and markings, Thats what i like about pinks so much is the variation of colors and markings they come in from the pink stage to the full board humpy...great... No fish for me this week, bummer... but i got goats and moose comming out my ears along with all the other shoulder mounts....lol

6. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    very nice job Jimmy!!

7. Rick Krane

Justin! I'm holding Jimmys fish hostage til the show is over! LOL! Kidding you guys will have a blast hanging out together!
    Rich!!!!!!! Man What a cool article on that Monster Halibut in outlook!!!!!! Sweeeeet!
    Rick

8. Thanks Buddy, By the way thanks again for the help on my little project...lol... I'm going tomarrow to get the acrylic rod and i will post a pic when i get it completed

9. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Great humpy. I hope to go up to the Soo and get some someday. Here's a Bruch smallie #18135
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

No Fish in the works. I'll be working on Black Bears for some time. But, I had time to carve a Brown Trout spearing decoy.Weighted ,Balanced, and carved from Bass Wood and Copper fins.Love your Pink Jimmy!Hey Rick, see ya at the Susi restrant next week.

11. Trashfish

Trashfish It's not easy being me!!

See the Pescado"po po method" does work.

12. Rick Krane

Fishing season is almost here for the frozen states and I have seen a few great steelheads already this year come in. I hope we all have a great season this year for our fish!
    Jeff Wicked Job on the Smallie!!! Outstanding work my friend!!!!!!!!
    Terry!!!!! Susi!!!!!!!!!! Man I can't wait to see you guys in MI at the Michigan Show! If your any where even close enough to go you would be doing your self a huge favor as this is one heck of a great association to belong too I do! Oh Great caving Terry by the way!

OK here is a way cool addition!!! I was sent these pictures this morning and how cool this is!!!! The New WORLD record HUMMPY!!! Mr. Gary Blew of WA was the lucky winner in the World record Pink mounting!!!! Outstanding work and a real special fish!!!!! This is a fish Gary should be proud have had the pleasure to do! A great guy and a great fish taxiderrmist!!!
    Rick
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Large Mouth skin mount recently finished. Yellows & pearl white on lower parts of the fish not distinguishable due to the poor photography. I'll get that figured out someday. Photographing taxidermy would make a good seminar topic.

PB

14. duxdog

duxdog Active Member

Great job so far this week. Nothing to offer unless I get this steelhead done today or tomorrow. Paul, looking forward to meeting you and I think I'm gonna make your seminar.

15. dougp

dougp Active Member

Mr. Jimmy Lawrence :eek: WOW!! Great job......!!
    J. Sonner, congrats on some beautiful award winners!!
    That WR humpy is VERY cool!!
    Paul...wish I could make the MI show and see your paint seminar. Not this year I guess.......oh well...

Here's a simple pike skin mount I did about 4yrs ago. Customer damaged it so it was back in for repair.......I don't like to see past work coming back to the shop, no deja vu for me..!!

16. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Paul you should do an essay on this poo poo method the results are great that brown was off the hook

17. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

J sooner we met at the show congrats on the ribbon,we talked about prices while mike was finishing up that lm great smallie. I have the picture of mike judgeing your fish if you want i can email it to you

18. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

I don't do many fish but sure do enjoy this thread. Heres a walleye eye shot, and full body pic. Any comments are welcome on how to make the work better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Nice job on the humpy Jimmy. J Sonner nice work on the smallie. I really like it. Great work to everyone who posted.

20. Brian W

Brian W Active Member

Some outstanding fish as usual.

Super job on the Pink Jimmy. Love the Smallie Jeff and Doug, there's nothing "simple" about that Pike. Nice.
    Paul, Your work speaks for itself. See you guys next week at the show...............