1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#23

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

WOW incredible work this is inspiring.

2. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyone's comments on my pink! I had a great teacher!! Wow, some really nice work this week for sure.

JSonner- Great looking smallmouth!! I love how subtle the painting is. You did a great job! I have never done a smallmouth, but Im headed down to Tablerock Lake in April, so hopefully I will come home with a couple to do.

Pescado- That looks like a huge bass! Great job, and background!!

Cory, Man that is a good looking walleye. Great basework too.

Terry, your decoys are nice!! I dont see how you can carve that out of wood!!! Woodcarvers amaze me thoroughly!!

Sorry If I left anyone out. Im working on some boring european deer skulls today/tomarrow. Nothing exciting. Keep it up. This is a great start to the week!!!

3. Cory

Cory Keep an eye on quality!

Thanks Jimmy for the nice comments, being a student of Ricks has helped me a lot, as I see it has everyone who has spent time with him. Sweet fish everyone, it keeps me striving for better and better work ;D

4. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

Here is one I posted last week, with a different background

5. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

here is one I got done just before I bough my good camera

6. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    outstanding work this week!

7. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

heres my first attempt at a crappie aka speckled perch. great work this week guys.

8. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Unbelievable Hummpy by Gary Blew. I remember a smallmouth, he won big with one year that was smokin'. Cool fish.

9. den007

den007 Active Member

"Structure" we would all like to locate!

10. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Great looking Pink Salmon Jimmy, J. Sonner that is an awesome Smallie. Dougp, Can't say enough about your northern, WOW. Beautiful looking "Humpy" All the fish are really inspiring work. I have two to complete. Soon as I get my wife back on the straight and narrow medically then hopefully I can finish them soon. Some really great fish this week as always.

11. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

Here's an Arp ropro

12. Another rainbow

[​IMG]

13. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

my first contribution to TWIFP. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

What a great week!!!! A ton of super fish and a Beautiful World record Humpy! Now that is way cool! I really want to express the gratitude and appreciation for all those who come here each week and share with all of us! It means the world to me to see so much beauty and to see all of come together and enjoy each others work regardless of the level we are at today! Super work!!!! Keep the inspiration going! See you this week at MI at the Annual Michigan Association of Taxidermy show!

My Best!

Rick Krane

15. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

heres a largemouth i just finished. you guys do some great work out there. Those trout and salmon are awesome. We dont have anything that even resembles that in south georgia :-\

16. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Man it feels great to soak in the inspiration again... I had time off from work and my home computer/dial up connection struggles mightily with this particular thread, so while I have logged some time on this site, I have not had the opportunity to see anything for over a week.

As always there are some really, really nice fish. Jimmy... I've felt a twinge of jealousy with you being able to learn from Rick; I have thought about it but not sure if it's in our budget... yet. But it's not only that but you're working on fish from my part of the world too??? LOL :D That is a phenomenal looking pink my friend- well done!

And Rick- thanks for posting that world record humpy. The gentleman who put that together must be very talented because my general perception of the fish with the angler holding it was that it was one ugly fish... it sure looks pretty spectacular now.

Doug- As others have stated, there is nothing average (or whatever word you used) about that pike mount. Top notch as always.

Cory- A very nice looking walleye! I'm also really impressed with your base work- that looks terrific!

Thanks for visual inspiration... Have a great week everyone.

17. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Bassnbucks, That's a sweet looking largemouth, Great job.

18. Nothing from me again this week. Great job everybody. I will see all you Michigan guys later this week.

19. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    My for this week

20. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    One more 14" Y. Perch