1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#23

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Trying my luck at posting. Here's a male grayling done about 20 years ago. It's got the original (rebuilt)head which has held up well even though I no longer use that method. With a dorsal like that, I'm pretty sure he woo'd many a female.

2. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Marc- You beat me to the punch! I have a grayling to share as well. This is a client mount from a few years ago. It's an 18 inch fish. The blank is from Wynia. I had been wanting to borrow this fish back from the client for awhile now to get a better photo of it; the one I took before was with a different (lesser) camera and pretty crummy looking. I was able to get it back from the gentleman today and take new photos tonight.

Love the dorsal on yours Marc... way cool!

3. Terry

I have another one to share as well, and this one a more recent (last night) creation than the grayling. I have a salmon life cycle model I am working on which is being created to fit an existing glass case (3'x5'). It's a scaled down model using kokanees in the 10 inch range as sockeyes. As a part of the display there will be some predatory fish depicted- a pike, an arctic char and a rainbow. I just finished the first last night. It's an 8" rainbow, in a fairly aggressive 'S' pose. The blank is from Fisherman's Tale. There just does not appear to be a good commercial eye for something this small so I tried Josh's preferred method: I put in balls of sculpting epoxy and painted them by hand. I have to say... painting a small fish was more of a pain (IMHO) than painting a large one. Oh, and it's heavily spotted (yes, that spotted) because that's typical of the rainbows in the rivers around our area.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone! :D

4. Beautiful Terry! Not only is my photo not the best. You've also got GREAT color and detail in your fish. Not much reference around here for a grayling. I have done a few though and it seems they have a few different color phases or characteristics to them.

5. TimWynia

TimWynia www.wyniafish.com

Hey Rick, Here is one i brought to the Minnesota state show

6. Terry

Marc: Thank you for the kind words and you are certainly right about the color phases. I floated a river on the western half of our wildlife refuge last summer and every grayling we caught had a distinct yellow overtone to the entire body. I have some other photos of live fish caught by some of the biologists at the refuge on other rivers that are so incredibly different from the ones we caught on the river we floated. Most are the much darker type, lacking the yellow and having a stronger presence of blue iridescence on their scales. They are an interesting and beautiful fish to be sure.

Tim: I love how your photo captured the colors on the head of your fish- it looks terrific! And I really like your signature at the bottom- very well stated.

7. Nice fish everyone! Thank you for sharing!
    Terry, Love that little Rainbow!

8. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    Very nice Tim & Terry.

9. Jarrod J

Jarrod J New Member

NICE! Crappie Tim!

10. 40" northern pike

11. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Been a while since I posted anything so here goes: a 23 inch custom molded/cast rainbow from a north Georgia stream. A gratis gift for one our local servicemen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. mk

mk -30 below

IL
    wow, nice work guys, noah nice rainbow. rich is that a wynia blank? i will have some fish to post in the next couple weeks

13. TimWynia

No that is not a Wynia blank, maybe a Lake country Blank, but The name Wynia is not supposed to be on anything my father Lou and I have not touched, And I know we did not make that blank. Just to be clear, We are not one in the same any longer. Tim

14. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Tim,........

I am confused (so what else is new LOL )

Can we still order blanks from Wynia directly or do we need to order them else where?

Thanks

Kerby...

15. It is a wynia blank and was supposed to be, well at least it was ordered from them and i talked to lou about it personally... along with all the others i got at the time.

16. TimWynia

If you ordered it before july 07 you would have gotten a Lou Wynia, my appology for not asking when it was purchased. As of now we are not any part of Lake country replicas, other than painting. We have a few molds done on our own, 17"LMB (deep fat fish) 20" smally, 15"& 16" black crappie, 30" walleye, and 78" huge lake sturgeon, you can order asembled or painted only, you can order directly from us @ [email protected], or call 320-532-5307 Thanks Tim

17. Tim, do youi need some more fish to mold for your inventory, i could send you some salmon, rainbows , pike, grayling

18. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Thanks Tim,.........

I will be getting your 30" walleye soon then.

Kerby...

19. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

My little brothers latest project. I will post pics of him in the process.

20. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    that crappie is awesome!!