1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#23

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Mar 7, 2008.

1. NINETOE

NINETOE New Member

Heres a 13 inch Perch and Crappie I just finished. look Rick, no spear ;D

2. NINETOE

NINETOE New Member

Size was too big. heres the Perch.

3. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Tim that crappie is great.

4. Mr. Wynia....would you care to share any other photos of that spectacular Crappie? maybe one that show's more of the broadside of the fish......????

5. BDrake

BDrake Active Member

Walleye/ hate to post anything with all this good work.

6. den007

den007 Active Member

Interesting eye on that trout, Terry. Done from scratch????

7. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

Dennis,

Yeah, it was from scratch. I took my lead from Josh. ;D It was a size 6/7 eye and there wasn't a lot commercially available. I know that Josh puts in a ball of epoxy and paints them on so I decided to give it a go. For what the fish will be used for, I am quite happy with how it came out. It certainly is in the ballpark for rainbows around here. Josh- what do you think... how did my handpainted eye come out? I'm planning on doing the same on those kokanees you sent me.

8. Looks good to me Terry. I know you said it was a tiny fish.

I have been doing the Epoxie eye method for a while. I will add some High Gloss lacquer as well. (Nail polish) works well since it is thick.
    On other eyes large then 10mm I have been making them out of Clear Resin.
    They key is a steady hand! that is the challenge for me. I shake like a..... well, I shouldn't say that here ;) LOL

Nice Fish from everyone this week.

Lookin' Good NINETOE! you are getting in the groove with the crappies!

9. TimWynia

TimWynia www.wyniafish.com

Sure, i cannot get a good picture of the scaletipping i put in the top 1/3 of the fish, alternating with shimmering blkue, violet, and green. Thanks you all for the comments and Keep Raising your standards ;D

10. Slick

Slick Something smells fishy?

Tim Wynia that crappie is just awesome. Waited for it to move. Everyone else great fish this week as usual.

11. wow
    thats very Nice Tim!

12. FinFlight

FinFlight TRAIL CREEK

Heres a striper i just finished,the base idea courtesy of Josh Knuth I love the crappie Tim all the fish r great as usual,the eye is a black forest eye looks great easy to work with love em

13. Looks good!

HA HA
    It should be Base Idea Courtesy of Gary Bruch! I saw his bases a few years back and really thought it added a Nice element, far better then just driftwood,
    :)

Thanks Gary, I think you are a Bigger influence then you realize!

14. NINETOE

NINETOE New Member

JKnuth, Im getting there! This fish was done before I talked to you. I have one thats ready to get painted and Ill use the tips u gave me on that one. Over all its getting there. Of course no road I have ever travelled has been a smooth one so bare with me! :)

15. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

NINETOE... I'm with Josh- that crappie of yours is looking pretty good. It appears to me that maybe the photo didn't turn out the best but anyone looking close can see though how nice the crappie really looks.

16. NINETOE

NINETOE New Member

Terry, yep my photog skills need to improve too ! :D

17. den007

den007 Active Member

Black Forest eyes! Check it out Buck!

18. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Where can these be purchased?

19. den007

den007 Active Member

Hi Cole.......I am going to be selling them.......still waiting on the Buckmeister. Yo Buck......put 'em in the mail! The second I have the inventory I will post.