1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tannery??

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by BamaHuntin, Mar 8, 2008.

1. BamaHuntin

BamaHuntin Member

I'm looking to get a soft tan done but not sure where to send it.Can someone give me a recommendation on a tannery that can do soft tans? Looking to have a coyote hide tanned to drape over a couch.
    Thanks,
    James

2. Rush

Rush New Member

Mint City Tanning. Portland, Michigan. 517-455-1739.

3. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

You have Seminole Fur Dressing very close and then there's Carolina in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm partial to Carolina, but when I used Seminole years ago, they did a very nice job. Save you a bundle on shipping as well.

4. mount it

mount it My Mount

I am with George on Carolina Fur Dressing. I just got back a lot of Yotes,fox and bobcats and they do an excellent job on them. I used Seminole but The dry Tan is not as soft and fluffy. Just my 2 cents :) Randall

5. WBB793

WBB793 New Member

Wildlife Tannery, I specialize in small orders for smaller shops and can give fast service at no extra charge. Soft and supple tan. pm me if you would like more info

6. rebel

rebel New Member

Carolina Fur Dressing

7. BamaHuntin

BamaHuntin Member

Thanks for the replies fellas.Just curious,how much could I expect to pay for a soft tan and how long is the turnaround usually(ballpark)?
    Thanks,
    James

8. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

You can go to the website for most tanneries and get a price for tanning and many other important things you need to know.