1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

marking hides for shipping?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by harvy, Mar 12, 2008.

1. harvy

harvy New Member

How do you guys mark your hides when shipping them to the tanner? Do u punch the dryed hide with your initials? Thanks, Harv.

2. They should be punched with a customer number and a piece number or a shop stock number- Remember we can't tell your deer cape from your customers unless you mark it and you probably can't either from just looking at it and you need to be able to match up capes and horns. Number punches are the best- they don't come off like tags can. Quick and easy.

3. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I use ear tags for cows, and punch them in the ear butt where they will be hidden

4. If you want to use tags as an easy visual in addition to your punches contact Carlton Industrial- 1-800-231-5988- You can get the exact same tag the federal fish and wildlife uses for the cites program. Very durable- You can even get them Custom printed for about 40 cents a tag- less than the cattle tags around here.

5. bucksnort06

bucksnort06 New Member

whats up Harv,When I spoke to Joyce last week she told me to get sheep tags (ear tags). I ordered 20 with my name on them for real cheap online. You might want to check them out.