1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tutorials?

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Bobbi Meyer, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

could we add another category?
    With all the photo tutorials that people have put on here, a category just for them would be a big bonus to the real newbies.
    Just a thought!
    Thanks!

2. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

Yes. I have been planning this for several months. It will be coming soon. If you have any favorite existing tutorials you would like to nominate for inclusion in this new category, please feel free to nominate them by clicking on the "Report to Moderator" link located within the posting.

3. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Thanks Ken, the archives arnt what they used to be. I dont know why but it seems like thing just get lost. If you search for something and there are 10 post that just say look in the archives could we report them and have them erased. It seems like there are alot of useless info taking up space in them and I know its inpossible for you to do it but what if we helped? Thanks, Brian

4. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

That is AWESOME!! Thank you Ken for having it in "the works" for a while now! That's going to make things SO much easier for folks to find! I'm going searching for candidates! ;D 3 I can think of right off the top of my head, the one where someone started out "This is where it all fell apart" or something, and Glen comes in on the 2nd page with a shot by shot how to do the face of a deer. It's very detailed, great pics. ;) Then Amy's guide to tanning, and how Mike makes his hide paste. Maybe he can use some of it to glue his hair back on. :-\ :D

5. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

Lisa, dont forget bobbis post about mounting a deer, and michael ps post on how he does european mounts, as well as his horn cap removal tutorial. those are a few that came to mind in recent months, Russ

6. I cannot think of a bad one in the last month or so... they were all good and merit inclusion in the new category...

7. Lisa M

Russ, I went through & searched just about every where I could think of. I bet Ken & Bill & the others got about 15-20 "Nomination for Tutorial Category! Thank you!" report to moderator things from me. George, Terry, Glen, Bobbi, Amy, Mike P., Nancy, Darrell, loads of others I can't think of right now. I did my little searching bit...even working on one of my own for dream catchers. Your turn to go hunting. :D

8. JerryH

JerryH New Member

Lisa,
    I think I have the tutorial you are looking for about Glen turning the face. I thought i had saved it in my favorites but it is not there. Maybe I saved it in my email I am going there now to look.
    If I find it there I will let you know. My computer is running very slow tonight almost like I am on a dial up connection.

Be right back.

9. Lisa M

I found it Jerry...but thank you for taking the trouble sunshine.

10. JerryH

JerryH New Member

You are welcome, but now I have a problem ------- it's driving me crazy because i remember reading it and thing I should save this for future reference so I did and now I can't find it. I know it here somewhere.

You know they say your memory is the first thing to go and now I can't remember what the second thing was.

11. Lisa M

Here you go Jerry. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,11042.15.html

You illustrated the perfect example of why we need a tutorial category. ;)

Memory isn't the first...you just forgot what the first thing was is all...;D

12. JerryH

JerryH New Member

That's it thank you for the link.
    I am saving this one also so i can double my chances of finding it when I need it.
    Time for me to go to work see ya later

Thanks again.