1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

state members??????How many????

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by al from sc, Mar 15, 2008.

1. After our show in S.C..I had to leave and go to Richmond Va. for my other job..I didnt take my cell phone inside with me Monday ..Well that night at dinner I checked my messages and had 1 call from aS.C. area code..so I hit the send button, and it rang to another taxidermist..I asked if he had called as I was a taxidermist too and thought he was calling for some sub. out (wholesale work).....he told me he didnt know how his # had got on my phone,,but no one called from his phone...We started up a conversation and I saked him if he went to the show that week..he told me he had so much work, he didnt have time for those kind of things,,,He started asking me my prices,,,I told him 350,00 on deer..usually 200.00 on most bass on driftwood..I asked him the same..he told me he was just going up tp 300.00 on his deer this year and 165.00 on his fish...that;s cool...My Question is how many people practice taxidermy and dont belong to their state assoc????? My guesss for S.C. is probally maybe 350 members and 1500 non members....How about in your state????

2. bowhntr

bowhntr New Member

I just joined the South Carolina Association At the show. It was my first show and had a great time, got a couple ribbons but that is not what I went for, I learned a great deal and am ready for next years. I think everyone that does taxidermy should join their state association and attend shows and seminars.(You will be surprised what you can learn!)

3. I agree bowhunter..I learned more this year and already getting ready for next year..the judges were tough but I think it only pushs you to do better

4. bw

bw New Member

We have been talking about this among the board members here in Illinois. I can't recall the numbers off the top of my head but I believe our state association has somewhere around 150 members. There are many many many times that amount of liscensed taxidermists in our state that aren't members. I will see if our Sec. will join in on this post. He may have an exact # of members.

5. mike g

mike g Active Member

I just got a news letter from our secretary and we have 40 active members with 14 being new in 2008. So out of the entire state of Nebraska 26 of us are long time (more than 2 years) members. Last time I heard we had 650+ liscense taxidermist in our state. So we have a very small percentage that are members of our state association. When I joined in 1998 there was 70 plus members and every year we get smaller and smaller. Thank god for the 14 new mebers and I hope they stick around, we need them.

6. erik1

erik1 New Member

right now we have 104 members but hopefully we will keep adding a few out of 700 some Illinois liscenced taxidermist ???

7. bw

bw New Member

wow! No wonder we have been talking about ways to boost our membership. I didn't know we were that low.