1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

DERMESTID BEETLES FOR SALE

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by fogbound, Mar 16, 2008.

1. I'd like to order some - I've received no response to my e-mail request, though - will try sending a PM.

2. Big Tine

Big Tine have a great day

How many beetles would you need to clean a deer skull, Do you send any kind of info on how to take care of them?

3. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

Ken is pretty busy guy so hold on. Yes he does include a list of instructions and can contact him if any problems or more ?'s. He is great person and customer satisfaction guaranteed!

4. fogbound

fogbound Member

Schrecken:

I DID reply to the email, perhaps we had technical difficulties? You may contact me at [email protected]

I'd be happy to meet your "beetle needs"!

5. fogbound

fogbound Member

ttt

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

The beetles I got from Ken were well packaged and very healthy/hungry. They started working right away. In a few months I would say the amount has at least tripled or more. Many new itsy bitsy larva that I can't even count.

Ken also encloses a care sheet that is very easy to understand. I have been using a gel stuff to water captive crickets from the pet store and that seems to work too.

[​IMG]

7. Tony.B

Tony.B New Member

how fast would it take them to clean a fox skull? do they eat the hide also?

8. Sea Wolf

Depends on how many you have. I bought bugs from Ken a few months ago. What I have now cleans a fox sized skull within 24 hours.

9. Tony.B

Tony.B New Member

okay do they eat the hide in high or low numbers?

10. Sea Wolf

For skull cleaning with beetles, you put in a properly skinned and prepped skull. They will eat hide but it takes weeks, sometimes months. Do things the right way and things are cleaned in short order. You skin the head, remove eyes and the brain and most of the flesh. No, you don't just throw in cut off heads.

11. fogbound

fogbound Member

currently have lots of beetles!

12. devman

devman New Member

Recently bought beetles from Ken and they arrived in great condition! They are already cleaning several owl skulls.

Thanks!

13. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

I bought some again and they are going crazy. I am afraid of running out of skulls the speed they are muliplying and eating. AWESOME! thanks Ken. and man they are just fun to watch and hear crawl around.

14. Sea Wolf

Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs, what kind of bugs eat Armour hot dogs? ...

Fuzzy bugs, black bugs, ones that chew on bone.

Wiggly bugs, crawly bugs,

even bugs housed in your home

.... will eat hot dogs,

Aaaaarmour hot dogs.

The dogs bugs love to munch. :)

15. fogbound

fogbound Member

Thanks devman and Gobblinfever! Seawolf, love the poetry! Keep it up!

Have lots of hungry/healthy bugs 'lookin for new homes and adventures!

Contact me at [email protected], or 907 942 BUGS!

Regards

Ken @ KBBT

16. fogbound

fogbound Member

Lots of beetles!

17. fogbound

fogbound Member

Still making deals on beetles!

18. Ken, email sent about beetle inquiry. Sounds like nothing but positive comments about your beetle supplies

19. Sarge

Sarge A little too much Lord *hic*

Ken's Bugs are so awesome that I think if you did a DNA trace on almost everyone on Taxinet has either Ken's Bugs or bugs from bugs someone got from Ken.

My colony has become a ravenous horde. They are tearing through meat and bones left and right. Thinking of building a bigger tank by I am afraid they will eat me out of work if I feed them too fast. I can get 3-4 skulls a week out of them right now but if I feed them at that rate I might as well BUY STOCK IN ARMOUR HOT DOGS. Guess I better get out and get some more killing done to keep them happy.

When you think of it in those terms makes you wonder who is actually in charge. If I don't keep killing for them they will quit and then I don't get paid so does that make me a hired gun working for the bugs or do they work for me? ???

I guess He who holds the Raid Can is in charge right. ???

Thanks again Ken

Jeff

20. Yeah, ive spent lots of time on this website reading through pages and pages of information, before I even posted any responses. Seems funny that my very first post was a request for beetles, but that got me thinking I should thank everyone for taking the time for placing SO MUCH INFO on this website!! Using the searches, and the archive data provided a great deal of info which helped a LOT!. Thanks again to everyone who contributes!
    Rob