1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Animal waste

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by hunter.choice, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Where do you dispose of the animal carcas after skinning?

2. Jason O

Jason O Active Member

Wi
    garbage,during summer freeze until you take garbage out

3. JerryH

JerryH New Member

I freeze whatever is leftover and put it the trash on trashday

4. rebel

rebel New Member

buzzard have eat also

5. Joe Mc

Joe Mc Member

You know what they say ; What comes from the sea can return to the sea (or woods)...

6. whitesage

whitesage New Member

NJ
    i dig a hole in the yard and dump it in, but then i do birds and small mammals

7. elizw

elizw New Member

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your just going to throw it out, let me know. I'll take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll pay for shipping, provided it's not a moose or elephant or something.

8. PEGGYOBEAR

PEGGYOBEAR New Member

elizw Pray tell what are you going to do with it?? I eat anything that is good and have fed a carcass to a dog now and then but for the most part we end up with anywhere from 10 to 1000 lbs of dead animals a week. We have a trash freezer and haul it to the dump when full. If you live out in the sticks with no inspectors around you can get away with that, but in a city it is regulated.

9. elizw

elizw New Member

um, hmm...I don't know if this is "legal" or not. If it isn't legal, pls speak up. I've got enough worries, without helicopters flying over my house.... ha

So, what would I DO with the little buggers? Well, I build up skeletons. I glue them together. I guess the short answer is that I should have been a zoologist. It is for my own education - nothing more. (by the way, I'm a beginner!!!)

You can see a raccoon skeleton that I posted in the beginners forum a few days ago. He was a complete skeleton that I found in my yard one spring.

?? thoughts??

10. PEGGYOBEAR

PEGGYOBEAR New Member

As long as it is not on the cities list should be no problem. Articulating a skeleton is an art that requires alot of patience.

11. I send bear feet to Kansas tied to the bumper of the stepkids truck. LOL.

I feed the crows and buzzard along with other varmints that need to eat. Its Spring so I have to full the freezer for next winter as the bears are starting tio mill about.

12. dc taxidermy

dc taxidermy Me and My Baby's senior picture

Makes good trap bait.

13. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Freeze and take to the dumpster on trash day.

14. CAMOGUY

CAMOGUY CAN'T COUNT IT TILL YOU MOUNT IT.

GO WITH JASON O