1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hunting pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by almt1012, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch I hunt therefore I am.

Nyala

Attached Files:

2. Diamondhitch

Nyala & Gemsbok

Attached Files:

3. Diamondhitch

Bushbuck & Warthog

Attached Files:

4. Diamondhitch

Monster Bushbuck

Attached Files:

5. Diamondhitch

Impala

Attached Files:

6. Diamondhitch

Waterbuck

Attached Files:

7. Diamondhitch

Yes the trackers do look cold. For good reason, it is barely above freezing!!! The mountains actually got snow!!! They have not seen weather like this in over 30 years, I guess the drought is over.

Attached Files:

8. Diamondhitch

more

Attached Files:

9. Diamondhitch

more

Attached Files:

10. Wayne R

Wayne R NRA and B&C Life Member

Derek, great photos, looks like it was a great trip.

11. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

It looks like you had a great trip, those nyala and bushbuck are awesome. I've tried to get a bushbuck in Natal twice and never had any luck, your ones a pig. Have you planned a return trip yet?

12. Diamondhitch

Thanks Wayne and Nyati it was a great trip, great animals and great experience, it is something that I wish everyone should experience at least once.

Nyati, I will be returning but I will have to see when for the same reason that I had opportunity at 14 other species and chose to pass $$$. LOL Isnt that always the problem. The main reason this trip was possible was because the Canadian dollar is so strong right now (25% higher than normal) and outfitters are having a hard time getting bookings so there are some great last minute deals out there right now (15-40% off!). Depending on the economy and such will determine how long I must save to go back but one thing is sure, once you go you will return (or die trying!)

BTW those are not Cape Bushbuck (native to Natal) they are Limpopo Bushbuck. Due to the weather we ended up transferring up to Limpopo for the last few days and I got lucky, the first one came on the first morning there and the other one is a buck that my PH has been after for several months with several clients, just catching the odd glimpse and only 1 guy got a shot despite the fact that he was living in a relatively open 70 acre patch of bush. We hunted him each day that I was in Limpopo, unsuccessfully. My last morning I was supposed to sleep in then do a bunch of tourist stuff then fly home but I could not sleep and got up for a final walk around the lodge. My PH was up on his laptop preparing the bill and such and figured since I was up we should go out for 1 last walk to try for him since he lived right behind the lodge (and since this buck had become his nemesis). We hunted down to the river and half way back and saw him right where we had just been through. His bad luck was my good luck, I am not sure if this was a last minute buck since it was actually 14hours after my hunt had already officialy ended. LOL Those little guys are quite addictive, if and when I do go back I will be trying for a nice dark chocolate Cape Bushbuck.

My outfitter Chris Troskie - CT Safaris has tons of Bushbuck on his property in Limpopo and although the weather never co-operated and I never got to hunt them in Natal, the area he hunts Cape Bushbuck there has some brutes (there us an 18 1/2" pickup on the lodge wall and an 18"er was killed there this year). Obviously average size is much smaller but he figured that weather permitting we would likely have taken a 13-14" buck within a couple evenings of sitting. If you want a Bushbuck it would be worth giving him a call.

13. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Africa is addictive, my dream was always to hunt cape buffalo once in my life and that would get Africa done and dusted, once I had hunted one and was standing beside it on the ground I told the PH that I'd be hunting buff with him again one day.

I've taken a chobe bushbuck in Zambia a few years ago, it was an old buck with worn down horns. I'm dreaming of a return to Africa but next time to Mozambique to hunt with a friend who is a Zambian PH, I might have to plan a stop in Natal to chase one of those dark cape bushbuck.

14. boar master

boar master Respect and preserve the Nature,you are part of it

some photos of my hunts

Attached Files:

15. boar master

Attached Files:

16. boar master

Attached Files:

17. boar master

one more

Attached Files:

18. snowhare

snowhare New Member

No thoose are awsome Boars man , i love to shoot them my self one day one day

Snowy

19. boar master

hi Snowy,
    you are always welcome,here is a plenty of monster boars,i hope that one day to be a soonest day for you,,

rgds.boar master

20. snowhare

snowhare New Member

Boar Master ,

Man that would be great , the only problem is i no that they are a lot of money to shoot a big boar :eek: :eek: , i am not that ritch mate :D

Love to come and hunt with you

Snowy