1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hunting pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by almt1012, Mar 16, 2008.

1. thanks a bunch...i was so excited lol... :D hes going to make a nice mount

2. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Great photos Kilimanjaro and great looking country, very similar to where we hunt tahr. What were the animal numbers like and were there many sheep seen?

3. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Member

Tx
    Quite a few ibex.. Sheep too (albiet much lower than the ibex).
    Country is quite similar to tahr country.. just MUCH higher!! I shot my ibex at 4250 meters!!

4. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

[ I shot my ibex at 4250 meters!!
    [/quote]

Thats a long shot.

5. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

Yeah, but with a good range finder, and ballistic turrets on your scope, It's doable. 350 clicks up, and 200 to the right for windage. Hold dead center. And, he got two with one shot. ;D

Nice pics. Awesome country. Congratulations on another successful outing.

6. RACE98

RACE98 BRINGING YOUR MEMORIES TO LIFE

HUSBANDS DEER HERE IN KENTUCKY THIS YEAR

TX
    YVONNE

Attached Files:

• RMD.JPG
      RMD.JPG
      File size:
      40.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Kilimanjaro,
    since you were there hunting did you get to keep the Marco skull??

8. Scottyboy

Scottyboy Member

Tx
    No. An export permit would be required to get it out, then a CITES (you have to be on the USFW list to get one) to bring it back into the States.
    It was left right where I found it after the pics were taken.

9. Martin

Martin roes, my obsession, my fate

Congrats Kilimanjaro! Isn´t it a beautiful place to hunt??

10. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

[​IMG] couple does my brother and myself took this morning...time to make some bologna and jerky!!

11. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Red Stag I shot Friday in Rocksprings TX.

[​IMG]

12. skinner26

skinner26 Active Member

Here is my rifle season buck. Nothing big but meat in the freezer.
    [​IMG]

13. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

The Year isnt over.. I had the boat all winterized but been itching to go out into Prince wiliam sound for some Sitka Blacktail deer. After watching the weather every day for over a month.. their was a break to be had on the 2nd of Dec.. I put in the paperwork at work to get off friday.. Re checked the weather thursday night.. Pulled the boat out, uncovered it.. put the GPS, batteries and took all the fishing, shrimping and stuff not needed for a deer hunt OUT.. basically went as light as possible.. Nothing but Survival gear for a week to spend a day on the water. I took a friend and a co worker who this was also going to be their sitka hunt. We departed my house at 0400 friday morning, I got to anchorage at 5, got gas for the truck and boat and headed to whittier.. We arrived just on time as the tunnel was opening at 0730, Got to the dock and planned a route to launch the boat on a snowed in, icy boat launch thats 50 meters long and STEEP.. If I slip.. its all going in the harbor.. Fortunately no issues.. the boat was in the water and running at 845, 0900 the day was just getting light enough to see so off we went. 1 hour and 40 minutes later we were in my hunting grounds.. I rounded the first corner and a doe was laying on the beach.. I motored in and killed the motor.. BOOM.. I had my first Sitka just as she was stepping into the spruce. A short blood trail and she was mine.. In the boat she went.. and off we went in search of more deer.
    About 10 minutes later I spotted a deer inthe back of a cove.. So I motored in.. killed the motor so we could drift silently closer.. at 160 yards I could see it was a spike, then I saw a forkie to the right and a nice 3 x 3 that was 50 yards away.. Since I already had a deer.. I took the spike.. We did the 1-2 3 BOOM.. and we had 3 nice bucks on the ground.. What a freaking morning already.. Been hunting 20 minutes and we had 4 deer on the ground, 3 being bucks.. and the doe I shot wold be the only doe we shoot nor see..
    After loading the 3 bucks in the boat we continued our search for the elusive blacktail.. Ohh their is one... same deal.. motor close.. kill the engine.. wait a few minutes and get steady.. BOOM.. My buddy had himself a nice button buck. Short while later we were cruising in the direction of port as we figured 5 deer was plenty.. HOLY crap were we right.. I round a corner and take a peak into a small cove.. 2 Giant bucks standing their. My friend has first shot.. He misses.. I go BOOM, BOOM and I got both bucks.. I was so excited.. I went to drag the one down the hill and a horn popped off.. OMG.. but now we have 7 deer in the boat.. and are running out of room FAST.. After some pictures on the ground of these boys.. we load em.. I unload my Gun (Merkel KR-1) in 30-06 Cal. and put it the heck away.. 4 deer was good for me.. and 3 of them bucks in a matter of a couple hours at most. So I say we have to head back in.. no more tan I say lets go.. out pops another buck.. My friend makes quick work of that forkie.. (he ended up taking 2 forkies).. so now were up to 8.
    Thats it.. No more.. off we go in the direction of the harbor when my friend says.. Hey, I got the biggest buck.. and the smallest buck.. I need a medium one.. Are you kidding me? no more than he says this I spot a 2 x 1 on the beach sleeping.. I motor on by it.. Kill the motor. drift.. BOOM. Perfect heart shot, the deer runs up the hill.. turns around, jumps in the water and is swimming towards us. about 20 yards off shore it flips over and dies. I motor over and we grab it and wrestle it in the boat.
    Were now at 9, and 8 of them bucks. they unload their guns.. I say no one look at the shore, we dont need any more deer.. I point the bow towards whittier and off we go arriving at 5:00 on the nut. So instead of a 8 hour work day.. we did a 8 hour deer hunt. A december hunt of a lifetime to remember. My friend texts me every hour and says he cant thank me enough..... (Merry Christmas)

Hoytman

Attached Files:

14. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Here is a few of them piled on the garage floor waiting to be cleaned up.. We finished at 0100 Sunday morning.. My wife says.. NEVER shoot 9 deer again.. OK dear, next year we will shoot 15.. (limit is 5 ea)

Hoytman

Attached Files:

15. kikkertinz

kikkertinz Glass half full

yeh buddy! i like seeing a pile of deer like that

16. hey can I go hunting with you next year? :eek: :eek: :eek: haha

17. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Even a squirrel finds a nut in the forest once in a while. ;)

Hoytman

18. NAV

NAV Frontier Taxidermy

Here are a couple of my 2011 Archery deer.

Attached Files:

19. NAV

NAV Frontier Taxidermy

My nephew who had his big muzzleloader deer stolen last year has redeemed himself. I was with him when he shot this huge 6x7 this year, a year to the day he shot the one last year that was stolen.

Attached Files:

20. Here is my First Archery Buck. I decided to give Bow Hunting a chance this year and now I'm addicted! second day of the season I spotted and stalked this big muley 4x4 with eye guards I stalked in on him and two of his bachelor buddies and decided to take him I was at 27 yards when I let my arrow fly I stuck him perfectly in the Heart he didn't even run 100 yards before dropping dead I'm very happy with my full velvet 4x4 with eye guards Oregon Muley!!!

Attached Files: