1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hunting pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by almt1012, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Scottyboy

Scottyboy New Member

AZ
    On the video, 1st ram was shot at 328yds.
    2nd ram was a POKE at 618 (shooter is a stone cold killer with his rifle set up).
    And last ram (mine) was a chip shot at 200!

2. J Kelly

J Kelly Member

Yo Killa-man-jaro !! where did you kill those aoudad?? I've hunted the Chinati Mtns three or four times and had a freak'n blast. Your ram is a slob!! My 11 year old daughter shot a 32 1/2 a few years ago down there and the trip was epic. So many people underrate those sheep, but if you do a real, free-range hunt it's just like hunting desert sheep .....only a lot cheaper. Great ram.
    You're gonna have a hard time finding a mannikin to fit that ram, you're gonna have to alter and alter and then alter some more. Check out the new legend series eyes that tohickon is making, Tony just made us up some and they are off the charts. If you want I can send you a few pics of them.
    Jim

3. Scottyboy

Scottyboy New Member

AZ
    Jim
    I knew you'd see this and get a good read out of it and know what these free range sheep are all about!

Shoot me a pm about these new eyes. I was thinking about Jet's forms on these brutes but I'm certainly open to new suggestions.. especially from you.

Thanks bud! Hope you enjoyed the video as much as we had making it.

4. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

NZ ...DIY.... ;D

Attached Files:

5. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

and some more

Attached Files:

6. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

...cont.

Attached Files:

7. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

Last one.

Attached Files:

8. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] these are all the "big game" animals I've ever taken. 3 turkeys, 2 doe. now I just need to get that buck! haha

9. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Here's a deer I've been after for 4 years. Notice the white blaze.
    Ralph
    [​IMG]

10. Colorado Buck

Colorado Buck New Member

Third elk first bull. 2013 Colorado OTC DIY. Was lucky enough to have my Dad there to share the experience and help with the quartering and pack out.

Attached Files:

11. rbear

rbear Well-Known Member

Any help packing a bull is fantastic. Nice to share the experience with your Dad.
    Ralph

12. Went hunting saturday.Almost got hurt.Was lots of fun and exciting.This deer didn't go far.
    This is how close it came.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

Looks like he just wanted to snuggle. Were there powder burns on the hair?

14. Meagan

Meagan New Member

Harvested my first mule deer Sunday December 8th, 2013 at 11am. Spot and stalked him and his herd for about an hour before I was able to get a shot off on him at 200yards. The Savage Arms .30-06 did its job and he went down very quickly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clay Anderson, the local rancher, who helped me harvest this beautiful animal.
    [​IMG]

15. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

That is a great mulie buck! Congratulations. Judging by your smile, you are pleased with him. Great looking cape, too. Nice black forehead.

16. Meagan

Meagan New Member

I could not be more happy for him. He is a very beautiful buck and I'm itching to get his cape into my hands and start the process of putting him onto the wall. With the 7 hour drive home he was a bit frozen in the back of the truck (I covered him in a tarp to keep the hide from sticking) and he's hanging at the processor right now. In Missouri we must bring our animals harvested from out of state to a processor to have the body disposed of properly. I am helping them out today with skinning and will hopefully be able to cape him out myself. Doing a long cape and a wall ped on him (if I can find a good one).

17. Here's my Mn buck!

That's right! First time in 23 years that I haven't put a good one on the ground in MN Plus I hunted moose in Ontario for 10 days and didn't even see a moose. Then to top it off I just got back from freezing my butt off in Iowa and didn't get a buck there either. I hope I never have a season like this again.

Bruce

18. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Hey Bruce, why you posting my pictures here? ;) I didn't hunt near as much as you but the same results.

19. Yeah - 208 hours in the tree in MN and no shooters in range.

Bruce

20. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Wow, All the years I've been on here, you always seem to bag a nice one. Thats a kick in the berries, but I've been there.

Nice huntin' everyone - else ;) Great pics, Congrats !

Beautiful buck Meagan, Congrats !