1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hunting pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by almt1012, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

My youngest (10) got his first deer yesterday! Great spot and stalk and a very good clean shot. Had to add one pic with the proud papa because we didn't have anyone to take a field pic of us.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Rausch, tell your boy congrats and you should be proud, nice job Dad.

3. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Thanks 3bears. We enjoyed every minute of it!
    [​IMG]
    Here are my other boys with our antelope does. Not very often can you shoot 3 does with 3 shots out of the same herd.

4. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

Congrats, Rausch and to your boys. Always nice to see young people catching the fever. My friend just returned after a successful sheep hunt in the Missouri Breaks. I wasn't able to get down there with him on this trip, but I am really happy for him. He is on cloud nine.

[​IMG]

5. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

I know I know not mammals but with the weather being too warm and dry we opted for a bird hunt instead of elk today. Turns out that was pretty slow too. The boys scared a few ducks and managed to get a ruffed that held still just a little too long!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Our Minnesota deer season has been really warm. Highs around 70 where I am at. Opening day I decided to sit over my farm pond hoping to catch a buck coming to water. After sitting all day this 165 inch 11 point showed up at 4pm. 118 yard shot with my shotgun. He fell into the pond and was lunging across the water and expired on the far side.

Bruce

Attached Files:

7. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Wow, nice, Bucknut! Congrats on that one! It was even too hot when I was out near Tofte, MN last weekend, 60 degrees.

8. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Rausch, that is what it's all about. Very cool.

Bruce, you seem to whack a killer buck every season. That thing is beautiful. You da man!

Great Pictures everyone. Nice to see the animals and success from across the pond. Congratulations!

9. Doug B

Doug B Member

Filled my tag this morning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Got this today ;D

Attached Files:

11. nswiken

nswiken Well-Known Member

Booner!

12. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

We got a new piece of property to hunt 5 years ago. We've been managing it, or trying to since then. We name our deer and make a "hit list" every year and stick to it. The first year we were there we spotted this doe. We named her "Snowball" for obvious reasons. In the 5 years we've been watching her, she's never had a baby, not sure if she has them and loses them, or just can't have them. So this year we put her on the hitlist. Naturally every year before this one, we saw her all the time, but this year she alluded us...until last evening.

We are gonna life-size her and put her in the new house.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Nice Brooke, I love it when a plan comes together. Very interesting spot on her.

14. Brian

Brian Active Member

Congrats brooke,what a cool special looking deer.

15. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all. I know for sure she was at least 6. Here's her teeth. What y'all think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

It's been a pretty good season of filling the freezer this season. Here are a few from the last three months. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

Congrats boarhunter.those are some fine hogs.do you get much bacon on them? That's one pretty bear too.congrats

18. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I get a lot of sausage, ground pork, roasts, chili verde, and chops. Don't get any bacon off a wild pig becasue they don't have enough fat.

19. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Finally tracked down some freezer fillers!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]