1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hunting pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by almt1012, Mar 16, 2008.

1. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

One more picture, I just had to show. This is the prairie dog place I shoot at. Looking back at Mt Shasta in Northern California. These little doggies are literaly by the thousands in these fields. I am using my 10-22 Rugar target rifle. with a 3-12 power scope with inclimate dots on the cross hairs vertical and horizontal. When you find your distance, this dot you choose is so deadly accurate. These fields are all grown up by the end of May and so the Alphalfa is much to tall to to find the dogs to shoot in by then. I was introduced to this kind of shooting in 2001 and have been hooked on it since, you get in like 500-1500 rounds of 22 shots per day if your fingers don't get tired of laoding Haha

Steve

2. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Good gosh Tom, that big bear, I can only dream of a hunt like that. Thanks for the pictures and stories. I want to say that every picture here in this thread has just made my year. I will go back and continue to look through this like one of my hunting magazines. Gosh this is beautiful to see all these smiles and big game hunts right here from you all. We need this to keep going. I want to see more and the stories. Thanks everyone

Steve

3. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Rooster; you remind me one my second cousin who now lives east of Fort Smith, Arkansas. He is one killing machine like you. He hunts about everything that can legally be shot with bow, rifle or shotgun. Here is one of his old buck pictures few years back with his boy.

Steve

4. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Mine from last season

5. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Shaggy; those are some real nice whitetails and good pictures taken of you there wild and with some good horns.

Jim B; I like the idea of killing a buck with a pistol, I have not done that yet. That is a great picture, what caliber did you shoot with your pistol there. I see the nice big hole in him, maybe 44 mag or better ?

Bobbym1232; nice big tom there, good photo work

Hoytman; nice hunts there, you are a killing machine Haha nice photo's

Steve

6. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

whitetail too

7. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Rooster, Do you ever take anyone out for mouflon? I'd love to get one sometime

8. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Sawtooth Todd; man oh man, that is a neat set of horns. Don't you just love hunting and all the different horn formations, that's why I like all these pictures on here. Nice photo work and the smiles, It don't get any better than that right there. congratulations on a fine hunt. people, you gotta tell us what kind of rifle and bullet you shot it with, that is one of my request please. It just is my love for all the weapons we get to use is all. Thanks.

Steve

9. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

shaneb; did you use a marlin rifle in 444, 450 or other for that black bear, That is a cool picture and the dogs still checking the critter out to make sure he is not moving anymore. I can only imagine that chase.

Steve

10. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

almt shannon; Thanks for starting this thread. I just love all the pictures, nice photo shots right there, you look so happy and content with your hunting. Thanks for the pictures.

Steve

11. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Steve, I use a 7mm with 140 gr. speer handloads. Almost forgot a picture and I am getting reminded of it. LOL. My daughter McKenna. .22 Ruger Bearcat

12. sawtooth taxi

sawtooth taxi New Member

Kenna ,again, with her cottontails and what used to be my Browning. LOL

13. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Javie; you are fast becoming one of the biggest hunters of alltime I see. HaHa nice photo's

Nina; nice family hunting pictures. A family that hunts together stays together. I grew up with a big family of hunters, we use to make deer drives. it was so fun once when we got like 9 deer in less than two hours all on this one big mountain I still call Arrow mountain, because back in the 1970's me, my brother and cousin lost so many arrows shooting at deer with our old stick bows, before compounds were invented or popular yet. I am jeloues Nina, because I still have to drag out my deer and you have an ATV the easy way I see, good for you. I am 58 years old and now my brother owns an ATV and he says you don't have to drag a deer anymore he tells me. HaHa

Jmh331; Nice pictures and your hunting buddy is your wife I see. Good bucks right there and smiles to go with them

Steve

14. heres a couple

15. one more

16. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Todd: oh My Gosh, those are the sweetest pictures in this thread right there with your little Kenna. I have this 3 year old great neice and I hope I can take her hunting someday if I am still around and her parents approve of it. Thanks for those photo's, that is what this is all about, look at them smiles!!! My God !!! Great pictures folks, lets keep this going, it's the best of the best, except maybe next to Micahel P getting a bald head shave Haha

Steve

17. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

It was only 7-1/2ft. I didn't have any choice but to shoot it. I wanted my son to shoot it but he couldn't see it where he was standing. Sucker was sure heavy. FAT! At least 3" thick across her ass.

18. Take me hunting Tom!! :)

19. Tom Cruickshank

Tom Cruickshank The History Channel says I'm "creepy"!!

I think Brenda would have something to say about that.......

20. She can come too! LOL