1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hunting pics!!!

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by almt1012, Mar 16, 2008.

1. rayray38821

rayray38821 New Member

bacon on the table!!!

2. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

big ol' hog, nice shot too

3. Beautiful Bobcat Wayne! Thats a big one! Congrats! Jesse that looks too cool to ride around on the sled in Alaska taking some varmits out...sooo jealous! Nice sled too!

4. Vellu

Vellu New Member

Yesterday and today results . :)

Attached Files:

5. 7-Point

7-Point Active Member

nice cats Vellu

6. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Vellu, are those cats Lynx? If so I have never seen such well spotted Lynx in my lifetime.

7. ERB I see you like to Pop them hogs in the base of the ear to.... They never move an inch do they ??? :D

8. Vellu

Vellu New Member

yes they are European lynx.

9. lorefuma

lorefuma Member

... you have to see one from Spain if you like the spotted lynx... nice cats Vellu, would love to see one, here in Italy I think there are a total of 3 lynx...

10. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Beautiful cats.

11. coyotegirl

coyotegirl New Member

nice deer!

12. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

Love those cats too! Wish i could get them like that here.

13. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

My son and I went out today for some predator calling and bunnies.. Didnt see anything but snowshoes. Here are a couple pics of the ones he took..

Hoytman'

Attached Files:

14. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

One of him after climbing a big hill to retrieve one he just shot. He was using a 870 pump 20 GA.
    temps were -14 when I unloaded the sled at 830am
    Hotyman

Attached Files:

15. Dang Hoytman I got to get up to Alaska one day just to rabbit hunt lol I love hunting rabbits !!

16. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

These aren't your ordinary texas bunnies.. the snow is DEEP.. like over your head deep.. Freezing cold, and the snow and frost on the branches make it even harder to find them.. ...

17. Dang sound like a challenge !!! :)

18. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Its actually not as easy as one one would think.. People who live here and try for them and ALWAYS come home empty.. With darkness 16 hours now, they have lots of time in the night to hop around and eat.. making lots of tracks.. so in the daylight they hide under snow covered spruce, deadfalls, brushpiles, and stumps.. and in the thick willow and alder patches.. you can see little holes where their going in and out.. You just walk up.. Kick the bush and sometimes a hares come RUNNING out.. and they are fast.. 6-10' leaps in the deep snow.. But its fun and sonmething to do inthe brisk winter months.. I dont think I would plan a trip to come to Alaska just for hares.. Then again the area I hunt has no closes season and no limit. . could easliy get 1-200 hares in a day with a few experienced shotgunners..

19. Well my dads going back to Alaska in a couple of years to kill a good moose and I'm going with him when he does so I'll end up hunting something up there lol

20. 02 January - hares
    [​IMG]

03 January - mixed bag
    [​IMG]