1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fleshing/Shaveing Service

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by TD, Mar 17, 2008.

1. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

I charge $40.00 for a green cape (for Dry Preserveing or tanning yourself)and $50.00 if I Krowtan the cape.It will be ready to mount .All you will need to do is sew existing holes.I will repair any that I make so your deer will be trimmed and ready to mount......I do not remove the ear cartlidges but I do turn them to the very edges............Thanks....Tom King www.taxidermyschool.webs.com

2. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

Re: Fleshing/Shaveing Service mistake

I understood what you meant on your site, I think it was worded fine.

3. blockie

blockie New Member

I wanted to add that I sent out 2 capes to Tom to flesh and tan. The whole experience was nothing but a pleasure. This was the first time I ever sent out any capes as I tan my own so I was a little concerned. After talking to Tom on the phone, the worries went away and the communication continued all the way until I received my capes back in a very short period of time. They looked great. Thanks again Tom for your service and I will be giving you a call next fall.

4. Re: Fleshing/Shaveing Service mistake

just went and visited your site. it made sense to me... spotted a typo or two but nothing that would make a customer confused over the pricing...

5. TD

I'm good at those Typo errors........I already fixed it so it wouldn't be mis-understood..Thank you..........Tom

6. mount it

mount it My Mount

When Tom said ready to mount, He means ready to put on the form. Got a cape back from him and all that needs to be done before mounting is bondo the ears and it is ready to go. Very nice job on the fleshing, I will be using him. Thanks Tom. Randall

7. inkyspal

inkyspal New Member

GA

I can attest.....you can't beat Tom's fleshing and shaving. He's really good at getting everything super thin.

8. TD

bump

9. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

nice site

10. TD

TY Terry......It's not as good as yours though........

11. cwc

cwc New Member

Sent you a PM

12. jlwdvm

jlwdvm New Member

I got my 2 capes back from Tom. Excellent communication and workmanship. He seems to be glad to help out a rookie. I hope he doesn't get too busy ;D. Turn around time was about 2 weeks total!

13. TD

bump

14. TD

Good......saves me the trouble.....Thanks.......

15. cwc

cwc New Member

Lifesize on it's way!

16. TD

Fast Turn-a-Round at this time............Tom

17. i assume it also includes turning lips, eyes, and nose? I am very interested in this sevice beacuse the price seems very affordable and i dont have the proper tools to thin the capes down as good as it looks like you do (i am a beginner). How does it work for shipping ( i am in Mass.), do i just salt the hide?

18. TD

All the detail shaving is done hunting

19. TD

LS is Krowtaned,Shaved and ready for delivery.........Tom

20. TD

Going good OS.............Staying busy(JOB SECURITY) ...........Thanks for asking...............Hope all is well with you...........