1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

dakota flesher

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by arrowed 1 taxidermy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. arrowed 1 taxidermy

arrowed 1 taxidermy New Member

Does anyone know what would cause fleshing machine to put ripples in the hide. It was just fine and then started to happen.

2. wayne70

wayne70 Member

I just purchased a Dakota 4 and it puts a ripples on the shaved parts

3. Felpy

Felpy New Member

I think just about everyone has this problem from time to time. If its a brand new blade (never used) it could be out of round or out of balance or have a ding in the cutting edge. If you been using the blade and all of the sudden it starts to cause the ripples then its probably burs on the cutting edge. This happened to me this last week and I found the old tuning steels I was using had slight notches or grooves worn in them and when I did a light touch up I was putting burs on the cutting edge. This same thing can happen if you hit bullet fragments. One thing I found that can help is lifting the cutting edge up and then bring it back down. Do this several times and it should get back to clean cuts - if the burs or dings aren't to bad. If that doesn't help you will need to get the blade reground.

4. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

ripples dont hurt anything - if none of the sbove work it will work itself out

5. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

It's hard to answer that in words..I'll help you if you call me 7063677258..Thanks...Tom King