1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bet you've never seen ANYTHING like this before!

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by SkullGrrl, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Ok, I just started doing my online art business, and thought I would share with all of you, since you're fellow wildlife people.
    It's a very specific niche market, but so far it's doing pretty good, and I know a few of you at least will absolutely love it.
    Please leave me feedback, I'd love to hear what you think.

www.deadthingsgrrl.etsy.com

That is my online store, and if you go to the SOLD page you can see more of the ones I've made. I also do completely custom orders if you'd like something.

I appreciate your time, guys!

Thank you much!
    Darien

2. madarchery

madarchery callmaker

Interesting. Weird but interesting. I can see the niche market. Hate to admitt there is one but I beleive you could do well with this.

All I can picture are the kids in school the ones all dressed in black wearing skull this and that. I see them as big buyers.

Different for sure. I found myself looking at all of them. Some funny some weird some disturbing. I guess thats art to obtain a response.

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Those remind me of the SkelAnimals line at Hot Topic. Cute in a creepy kind of way.

How are you doing on the Esty website? I just heard about it a few weeks ago from my art teacher. I'd like to make an account to see if there is any interest in my drawings.

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Are those real human bones or replicas?

5. GrayFox

GrayFox New Member

Very cool!

6. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

That's my question too...looks neat...don't know if I'd ever wear a necklace with rib bones & bird flipper...but it looks different. Where'd you get the bones? Asian wholesaler?

7. Yes, they are real human fingers and ribs. I used to be employed at a company that sold animal and human skulls and skeletons, and I got those materials from them. It started out as a joke about being upset at the world and just wanting to flip everyone off, but it looks great as a necklace and people recognized it. So now it's more of a quiet inside joke :)

8. Becky P

eeww, no thanks, no real human bones for me, LOL. My luck I'd get a ghost with it (yes, I believe, no, I know, there are ghosts ;) ).
    Neat anyway for those that are into that sort of thing. Very different.

9. You have some real issues that need to be dealt with WHAT did you experience as a child get help

10. Oh thanks, Mr. Close-minded man. I don't have any issues, I'm just different. Does "different" scare you? Apparently it does. I feel bad for you, not having the wit nor mind to experience anything out of your box.

11. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Whatever blows your skirt up Skull girl...just cause it's not for all, don't mean it can't be for some. ;)

12. Very true, Lisa :) I also do more traditional art with bones and skulls, but that doesn't sell as well on this site. Thank you for everyone's support, otherwise :)

13. artemis

artemis New Member

I dont think Bud Evans meant too much by it :) We're all disturbed if thats the case,...we play with dead things for as a hobby/living

14. Peggy Obear

Peggy Obear New Member

my uncle was an amateur archaeologist, he had a skull on the table, being a teenager at the time I thought it was awsome. Got to love America!!!

15. Studio106

Studio106 New Member

Hey Becky P- It sounds like you have an interesting story behind the statement that you know that there are ghosts, Care to share? I love a good ghost story.

16. Becky P

Sent you a PM Studio.

17. darkbloodwyvern

darkbloodwyvern We've been sent here to raise hell and cause chaos

Actually i've seen a few artists do this kind of stuff before, they are hard to find though! Personally i love it, but I am pretty sick

i really like the turtle handbag, it's made from so many animals, you can't go wrong! XD Do you have any devinatart accounts or anything anywhere else on the web? I don't know if you do other art like drawing, but I'd love to see what else you have.

18. I must be disturbed, too...I like this type of stuff. I couldn't afford it, but I think it's interesting and unique. I can't get over how adorable I think "Termalies" is. I hope you're doing well making these types of things. I can see them selling rather well. I know people that would find these absolutely amazing. I'll point them in the direction of the site, and while we're all strapped for cash, they will appreciate getting to look.

I was considering getting into something like this. Not making plushes, but that whole "steam punk" scene seems to sell very, VERY well. I was thinking it was something worth getting into. It's like a new fad. The best way to make money in the bone business is to keep up with the fads. I may just have to try it out after we move, and I have more time.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I'm with Wyvern...do you happen to have any other galleries? I'm interested in seeing what else you are capable of.
    ~Raven~

19. Bassmann

Bassmann New Member

its a little different but it is art and its one of a kind

20. trappersteph

trappersteph now you can have it...

LMAO I actually made some stuff similar to the skull faced critters, waaaay back in my art school days. I have one that has bear fur and a coon skull and a grey fox tail, and another is the flying dead possum, white turkey wings, rabbit fur covered body, mummified and shellaced possum head, and turkey feet.

I have a little collection of VERY demented ceramic figures too.

One project I wish to do is a werecoyote made of genuine coyotes with those brite eyes Van Dykes sells.

Wish I had digital prints of some old slides I have, some really neat looking costumes I made in art college. They should show me posed with assorted firearms, but I had to have pics taken in little city parks, and I opted for a showy knife instead.