1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

looking for apprenticeship

Discussion in 'Training' started by show me state, Mar 22, 2008.

1. hello I'm from the Kansas city Missouri area and i was wondering if there is anyone willing to teach me a little bit for free labor I'm in the construction industry and times are tuff so i can't afford school let me know

2. taxidermyman

taxidermyman New Member

construction pays better than taxidermy..

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Perhaps you should change your name to "constructionman" then. While it can be true, taxidermy is more fun, and you can do it when it's raining, freeing up sunny days for fishing at the lake.

4. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

your not charging for your work then, there are far more construction guys in this area than taxidermists, and while their market is flooded with laborers, i am one of few in this area doing this trade making a fine living.

5. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

LoL ....The guy says construction is bad(which he is right).........I didn't see him say he was quiting his job to do taxidermy...........He just wants to learn and can't afford school.

6. sorry if people misunderstood me I'm a carpenter have been for 11 years I've built many mantels that have one awards and have been featured in magazines I've trimmed many homes that have won the pick of the parade I AM AN EXCELLENT CARPENTER but like i stated the construction industry is slow and has been for over a year i didn't say i was quitting my job I'm just looking to broden my horizons and learn this wonderful art of taxidermy and since i took a 36 thousand dollar pay cut last year no i can't afford school I'm doing my best to learn from this site and the many knowlegable people on it i was offering my free labor as an apprentice to get my foot in the door to do taxidermy i would be willing to trade carpenter work for a lesson or two or I'd be willing to do the grunt work related to taxidermy just to be able to learn a little bit hands on from a pro

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Do any cabinetry?

8. There you go cole.. I believe hes right out by you isn't he...

SHOW ME STATE since you already have the background in carpentry you may look into making wood bases etc. There is a need for them.. I know that I need bases on a regular basis, there just to expensive to ship from a few states away. You could provide that service and its already something your well versed in...JMO

Rob
    Show Me Taxidermy

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

Yes he is very close to me. I don't need any help in the shop but I do need an island put in my kitchen at home and would be willing to trade for some lessons.