1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Listing of members by state

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by retiredmn1, Mar 27, 2008.

1. retiredmn1

retiredmn1 Guest

How hard would it be to make a section or something with each state and the current members that reside in them. This way if someone is selling something in Northern Colorado is selling something and there is someone in Central Colorado that is willing to drive half way to get it, or even just to make new friends in their home state.

2. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Good idea...I don't know how hard it would be to impliment here though. I bet one of the easiest ways to meet folks from our fair state is to go to the state show in May retired. If it helps you at all, I'm in western Colorado. Rifle to be specific. Which part of "Central" Colorado are you in? South Central, North Central, what? I don't have anything for sale, but heck, it's good to know folks that are close by.

3. retiredmn1

retiredmn1 Guest

I don't live in Colorado, I live in Michigan. I just used Colorado as an example.

4. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I am from MI, where are you at retired

5. retiredmn1

retiredmn1 Guest

Rosebush. It is Halfway between Mt. Pleasant and Clare on US-127

6. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

There are alot of us Michiganders on here.

7. retiredmn1

retiredmn1 Guest

That's why I suggested doing the locator thing.

8. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

I think that a database could be created if all Taxinet members entered a state location in their profile. I have noticed that alot dont put one. I assume that most of the users that dont put a location are doing so for security reasons. But you raise a valid point.

9. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

That would be an interesting and useful tool.

10. LenWoods

LenWoods New Member

Michigan here also

11. This idea would be great and helpful too...

12. Southern Michigan here...right by the Kentucky border. ;)

13. elkevo

elkevo Tailgate Bucks

Ancesters came form Elwell, Michigan in eaton and Gratiot county areas. My grandfather helped lay the first stones at the Capitol of Lansing, Mich back in the 1860's or so. Therre were sure a lot of farming back then. My other family also pulled stumps from the trees they cut to make way for more farming. I would really like to go see Michigan where my Great Grand daddy and his family lived. Is it still with trees or is it all farms around Gratiot County ?

Steve

14. fowlwheelin

fowlwheelin New Member

SOUTH WEST WISCONSIN HERE.

EXTREME TAXIDERMY

15. retiredmn1

retiredmn1 Guest

Steve,

Gratiot County, Isabella, Clare Counties are mostly all farm land now.

16. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Napoleon, Michigan - Jackson County

17. candyman

candyman New Member

retired - I figured you were from MN by your name? :p

18. Jtspapa

Jtspapa New Member

Hello All Newbie to this so far awesome site I have been silently reading posts on just about everything here (lol) And wanted to say I find it very informative and interesting and plan to mostly be a silent reader but on occasions may posts things on how to etc. The tutorials that you people have done from start to finish on projects is just outstanding I tip my hat to you guy's n gals for this ;) Oh by the way I'm also a Michigander/ troll transplant/yooper in training ;D

19. Moosabec Taxidermy

Moosabec Taxidermy New Member

Hello all and allow me to introduce myself, My name is John Pelletier and I'm from Jonesport, (downeast) Maine. The name of my business is Moosabec Taxidermy and wildlife creations. The reason I chose the name Moosabec, is because I live on the coast and Moosabec is the name of the body of water, (Moosabec reach) that separates the mainland town of Jonesport to the island community of Beals island. And ya, we have alot of Moose up here too, so there ya go. We have alot of Maine lobster up here too, but calling my business after the name lobster just doesn't fit, lol, lol. Moosabec seemed at the time to fit better. I hope to make friends with everybody in here and on occasion, I will try to solicit taxidermy advice to all those in the know and maybe if I know a better way or maybe even I may post a few suggestions that may help the beginner taxidermist in here as well. We're all still learning, no matter how long we've been doing taxidermy. I learn someting new everytime I mount an animal, or paint a picture...

20. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

I AM REGRETFULLY IN MASS. I HATE IT HERE.