1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Listing of members by state

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by retiredmn1, Mar 27, 2008.

1. NC until the beginning of June... then Seffner Fl

2. Hermansville, Michigan here

3. duckman

duckman New Member

Rosebush? you're not mixed up with rj are you?

4. south carolina

5. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

What amazes me, about all of the people registered on this site, so many will reveal their email address(BIG MISTAKE) and not list their home state in their bio. The email address is unnecessary for contact with any other member on this site, just send a personal message through this site, it's perfectly safe. YES, and email address is necessary to register, but it doesn't have to be and SHOULDN'T be available for public display.

Just pick a random page from this site's member list and check how many have an email address listed. It's a "gold mine" for spammers.

I'd love to know where everyon is from, too. I just don't need your personal information and you don't need mine. Get those email addresses OFF of public display!

I'm from Minnesota, and that IS listed in my bio.

6. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'm not Skeeered! Email me at [email protected] LOL, that's what junk mail boxes are for. I don't even see the spam for the most part, no biggie. However, if a customer is scanning the web and wants to contact me, I don't want them to have to register as a member of this site to do so. I have had customers contact me through email that saw me on this site, as well as other sites. The benefits out weigh the negatives for me, so mine will remain visible.

7. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Cole you rebel!

8. Todd B

Todd B Active Member

I agree Cole. I get alot of customers e-mailing me. What is the difference if I have my e-mail posted here or on my website for the world to see? It is not going to stop spam either way.

Todd B

9. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

Two Rebels.....Sweet

10. Old Fart

Old Fart Active Member

Spam isn't your only worry. I have a friend who teaches computer science at the local college. He's told me that a "good" hacker could access all sorts of personal information with my email address. Including bank accounts and credit cards, just with access to my email address. Even "secure" sites are not immune to hacking. I prefer to be on the cautious side rather than take the chance. Especially after hearing some of probems that he's told me about.

11. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

If you prefer to be extra cautious you should look into Zander Insurance Identity Theft Protection. No more worries!

http://www.zanderins.com/idtheft/idtheft.aspx