1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (Starting March 28th)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Mar 28, 2008.

1. HOLMES

HOLMES Active Member

Hello from the White River. Another big week last week, and thanks for posting your pics and being so free with good information. I think we all learn a lot from this thread and have a little fun in the process. This is a mostly critique free place were beginners to pros can post there pics. If you don't know how to post a pic but can email one send it to me and Ill post it for you at [email protected] Thanks for all the well wishes and thanks for posting guys and have a great week. Brian Holmes

2. bw

bw New Member

I don't get to mount many antelope. But I thought I would start the week with one.

3. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    My for this week

4. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    2nd pic, form from mears

5. LightsOut

LightsOut New Member

Nice work guys, Here's one i finished for my father in law.

[​IMG]

6. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

great looking mounts...i've still got nothing yet...i'll have some rams to post in the next week or two.

7. This is my first time contributing to the thread........2nd and 3rd mount. I had help from a bud that has done about 6 or 7.

8. akmike

akmike Member

just fifished waiting to be picked up

9. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

This is the buck Jimmy Lawrence of Bedford IA did in my shop a week or 2 ago. He did a great job, I thought it turned out really nice. I did the finish work and the customer has picked it up and loved it. The cape sucked, was all beat up, but that wasn't Jimmy's fault.
    [​IMG]

10. squid

squid hunt hard or go home

all look good keep them coming i love looking at mounts

11. ed150

ed150 deer city time

is that a 8400 cole,nice job,buck looks like he was a scraper,did you bondo or use ear linners?

12. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

That mount looks nice Cole. Here's an eland

13. grantgav

grantgav New Member

Thats a nice looking Eland Nyati.A few stags ready to go out.

14. grantgav

grantgav New Member

oops wrong photo, this one done a while ago.Sorry about the pic, need a good back drop.

15. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Montana bowkill

16. Judd

Judd New Member

My buddy found these bucks dead locked together while we were shed hunting around Xmas. This is my second and third mounts ever , they took a lot of time and had to be done together because I couldn't get them back together other wise. I think I know just about every mistake I have made with them and there was alot of things I know I could have done and want to do better but, it was a learning experience and It only cost my buddy $250 because all he had to buy was the capes and forms, oh and the DNR to keep the antlers (what a joke that was).Sorry about picture quality took them right before I left the house to drop the heads off didn't even check how good the pics were.

17. HUNT2DAY

HUNT2DAY New Member

Here's one I just finished last night. It's my 7 mount and my 2nd solo mount. I did the first 5 mounts at a friends shop that was teaching me and the last 2 I did in my shop that I set up in my basement.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. bowhuntnnut

bowhuntnnut 210-260-0190

Here's mine.

19. FENCEROW

FENCEROW Member

finally got up the nerve to post one. first elk.lot of work but alot of fun

20. 11th hour

11th hour Member

Great work everyone. This just went out yesterday. The colors are off due to cheap camera and poor operator.