1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Game Head of the Week (Starting March 28th)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by HOLMES, Mar 28, 2008.

1. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    Cole what is with that? is it tick damage?

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

That could very well be tick damage. I see it just like that on a few every year. There are ticks in the damaged area, but hell, there are hundreds of ticks on every deer I get, probably thousands, and they don't all show damage like that, so I can't say for sure. I don't know if my area is worse than others, but during deer season after a day of caping, I will literally sweep up a large pile of ticks just off of the shop floor.

3. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I'd also suggest that the broken hair on the shoulder was probably from dragging the deer out.

4. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    that was the next one, ive had capes tore up good from peoples dragging, and i know what you mean with the ticks i painted my concrete floor a very light gray so i can see the ticks better, after getting lymes, i want to make sure they dont get away!

5. Nyati that Eland looks awesome. Is that all clay work? I love all those wrinkles. Looks good everyone! Keep it up. I love this post.

6. tonyt what size forum is that? Man that neck is HUGE! Good looking mount.

7. Oakcreek

Oakcreek Member

My first photo post as well.

2nd year probly 30th mount, Shot this deer by bow myself in October.

[​IMG]

8. tonyt

tonyt New Member

IOWA
    71/2x23 this deer was a late season kill

9. Crankin always freeze them deer heads a week or longer i will not cape a fresh deer i always freeze first.That way the ticks are dead.

10. The photo is as awesome as the finish work....Did you photo shop it?

11. duece

duece Member

Heres number seven for me,Not close to the great work on here still trying to catch up to the master pieces before me

12. ed150

ed150 deer city time

todays job,6500 ss,big heavy 9 bow kill,park co. indiana

13. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I finally got the really clean out my shop and rearrange things. We are remodeling the downstairs of our house and we have a dumpster in the yard for all the crap that needs to go, so I pitched a bunch of junk in there too and wow what a difference it made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also some deer ready for paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ed150

ed150 deer city time

nice job on those deer nina,clean shop is a happy shop

15. Nice set up Nina. I see you have the modern air brush hanger just like I do. lol

16. ed150

ed150 deer city time

mounted today

17. Here's a couple Upright McKenzie and Full Sneak Meder.

18. AZ~Rich

AZ~Rich " Africa" never fails to satisfy

Just finished my Gemsbok yesterday still drying a bit and needs touch-up painting but went smoothly. Only have my Kudu left to do now. Here are a few pics...

19. AZ~Rich

another

20. AZ~Rich

another