1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

longhorn mount please critique

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bucknuts, Mar 31, 2008.

1. bucknuts

bucknuts New Member

This is my first lonhorn. Tell me what you think. It is still wet and no finish work done yet.

2. ed150

ed150 deer city time

looks good to me,no bull

3. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

looks good... beautiful hide!

4. cht

cht Active Member

Cool .
    I love your mounting stand also

5. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Looks DAMN GOOD!!! I'm calling you on my next one!!! ;) :D

6. Extremely nice TBT. My dream is to mount a Cape Buffalo and after that a Texas Long Horn. Very impressive. Frank.

7. visions of wildlife taxid

visions of wildlife taxid love me or leave me, just dont try to convert me

that is a good lookin mount for sure, my dad raises them terds for roping stock, so i see them often, and you did a fine job of it, congrats, Russ

8. That is a sweet cape. Mount looks good to me but I'm no expert on longhorns.

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The back corner of the eye is wrong. So is the front. Let me go find some pictures for you.

first pic is looking at the left eye, second is the right eye, and the third is the bull looking upward.

10. Nice Highland, Here is a couple longhorn eyes for you. And a nose for finish work ref.

[​IMG]
    Bull Eye

[​IMG]
    Cow Eye

[​IMG]
    And a nose

I got a ref. CD if you want one. BTW- BEAUTIFUL cape, I wish I could get cattle that color up here.

Shelby

11. kevin scott

kevin scott New Member

I think it looks great !

12. Looks nice but the upper lips are to skinny, they shoud look like big thick flaps on the sides.

13. bucknuts

bucknuts New Member

Thanks for all the replies and ref. pics. Like I said it was my first and I have 2 more to do . I just hope that I can have it dry and finished by this weekend. Thanks again.

14. Buckslayersgirlfriend

Buckslayersgirlfriend New Member

It looks awesome. Great work

15. mcole

mcole New Member

Very nice long horn..love that color pattern.

16. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

The quality of the cape and appearance keep some people from judging objectively. Like Mr. T, I noticed the eye immediately and I THINK that the ears are too low on the neck. They tuck up under the horns a bit more snugly. Still, a great mount and a beautiful marbled coat.

17. Peggy Obear

Peggy Obear New Member

You learn on each one, think you need to get the top of the eye lid tighter on the eye, those ref. pics are as good as you are going to find.