1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

buffle head feet reference pics. and color schemes?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by carollinacreations, Apr 1, 2008.

1. carollinacreations

carollinacreations New Member

I am looking for some good buffle head feet reference pictures so that I can paint them correctly.
    Also I am wondering from everybody what is the color scheme you use for painting buffle head feet? I am using Hydro Mist paint. Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Carolinacreations;

If you would like to get some great reference material on bills and feet and want to add that little "extra" to your finish work, I would recommend that you look into the bird painting videos that Joe "Kastaway" Kulis has put together of Tony Finazzo's painting techniques. These videos are an incredible tool and will show you how to blend colors, add veins on the web, scale detail, etc which will allow you to add a great amount of detail to your mount. Tony uses Polytranspar paints throughout the series but adapting Hydro Mist colors should not pose a major problem. Here is the link if you are intrested.

http://www.kastaway.com/

3. carollinacreations

Thanks for the tips!

4. Let me know if you still need some feet pics. I have some I can email you aslong as you are not a Tar Heel fan or KU wins on Saturday. LOL.

5. carollinacreations

I still would like to get some pictures, but that probably want happen, seeing as how I am a tarheel fan and I was pulling for Davidson, but they did not make it, but they have nothing to hang their heads about.
    thanks for the help, I will probably try to order some of Tony's DVD's in the future.

6. Being a Tarheel is alot better than being a Blue Devil. Let me know your email and I will email you some pics. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BEAT ROY.

7. carollinacreations

I had rather be a tarheel than a blue devil fan any day to the week.
    My email address is: [email protected]
    I have looked on line for some pics, but most of them are swimming, some flying and diving, and the ones that you can see the feet in they are to far away, to tell anything. What is the paint scheme that you use?
    Thanks for your help.